the simplest way to converte torch into table lamp!

eagle

Newly Enlightened
redering
1723043aazpx84zjj0wx8a.jpg

adjust the angle(it will keep stable at the angle you adjust)
172204dkddud9j4l9jdald.jpg

This DIY only cost me ¥3.00 to buy the stick(the middle one, i have other components originally), when i finish it, i feel proud, it's very simple but useful, isn't?

jeowf

Newly Enlightened
Personally i prefer to roof bounce my flashlights if i need a brighter desk.

(Also 3 hours is not long enough for you to call it something that no one likes, there are some people in the world who are still asleep :shrug:)

shelm

Flashlight Enthusiast
this is similar, cost $3 on Dinodirect.com (the following picture IS NOT HOTLINKED!):
lightweightprofessional.jpg

it looks like a counterfeit of the gorillapod but seriously wtf cares
why pay 25$ if you can get for 3$.

the flashlight clamp to fit on the counterfeit is also available from that site.

AnAppleSnail

Flashlight Enthusiast
One advantage to steel-walled cells is that they often stick to magnets through the flashlight. I got through a power outage by sticking flashlights to my lamps or walls. It's funny-looking to have a flashlight 'hovering' on a button-size powerful magnet stuck to a stud nail in the wall ;)

tsask

Flashlight Enthusiast
Personally i prefer to roof bounce my flashlights if i need a brighter desk.

My warm Q mini AA is an incredible tool for lighting up artifacts on a bookshelf!! WOW!! it reflects down off white 'ceiling' under top shelf
I spend hours each day evening basking in that warm glow :devil: I may buy ANOTHER!! HIGHLY RECOMENDED!!!!!!!!!!!!!

reppans

Flashlight Enthusiast
Here's another option that's free, fits in a wallet, somewhat aimable, and can either diffuse or retain the hot spot:

CLICKY

think2x

Flashlight Enthusiast
I personally use a Zebralight H501w headlamp when working at the table, soldering and whatever I like the creativity of yours and I'm sure it's useful.

parnass

Flashlight Enthusiast
This DIY only cost me ¥3.00 to buy the stick(the middle one, i have other components originally), when i finish it, i feel proud, it's very simple but useful, isn't?

:thumbsup: Homebuilt solutions are cool. Good job, eagle.

eagle

Newly Enlightened
can't see the picture. but the reason why i do this is because i see somebody else tied his torch to a vertical metal stick with a rope. i feel it's funny when i see that picture, not only that method isn't solid, but the torch is easy to get to spend, and at the same time it's hard to adjust the angle. so i work this structure out at last free weekend, it's easy to adjust tha angle as a table lamp and won't hurt the torch,at the same time wood products are more friendly, isn't it?
( iam a R & D engineer, this work can't be more easy for me)

davidt1

Flashlight Enthusiast
If your flashlight has a clip, you can use it as a table lamp without buying or making anything.

eagle

Newly Enlightened
clip on the clothes? but a real table lamp is more helpful when you work long time with it!

tangstrong

Newly Enlightened
According to your bottles on the desk(wanglaoji,guolicheng),I know you are in china......