Klarus Mix6 overtightened

budynabuick

Enlightened
Ever since I got this light I have almost a compulsion to crank the head as tight as it would go ( almost could not fight it). Well, my MiX6 was off of my neck sitting on the table and my 8 year old GD (strong as a ox) grabbed it and tightened it :sick2:so tight I could barely loosen it. I thought it was ruined but upon inspection with a gun bore light I discovered that the little prongs are standing straight up! So it appears the neg prongs are not a weak point in the light after all. YESSSSS
icon10.gif
BTW, no dent in the batt and it works perfect

Keith

Last edited:

shelm

Flashlight Enthusiast
Keith, are you saying that you regularly (=often/usually) tighten the head fully down? And the spring does not flatten on your sample?

budynabuick

Enlightened
Keith, are you saying that you regularly (=often/usually) tighten the head fully down? And the spring does not flatten on your sample?

No sir. I never over tighten the light. My 8 yr old granddaughter grabbed it and cranked it so tight it was hard to loosen. The prongs are where they were when I got the light. Now, with that said, I will still not over tighten the light but is good to know that if it were to happen there would be no damage. I"m sure Klarus thought this neg set up out pretty well as they realize people will over tighten these lights at some point. With a two year warranty they could not sell a light that would flatten the neg prongs so easily. To look at them it appears they would flatten down with one over tight. But, alas, they did not. Love my MIx6 and now I need not worry about crushing the neg and batt.

Keith

Kilovolt

Flashlight Enthusiast
Maybe the battery you use is slightly shorter than average and therefore even in case you tighten the head to its stop the cell is not long enough to flatten the prongs. In any case it is much better to stop turning just after the light comes on so to avoid any stress to the whole thing. I have 3 Mi X6's (s/s, Ti and Au) and I am always very careful in this respect, I would hate to hear any crunching noise coming out of the light ....

shelm

Flashlight Enthusiast
may the Klarux MiX6 samples the users got live long and forever!

Thanks for the info.

one worry less in life ;)

Latest posts