• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired SPACE CASE For Sale

MR Bulk

Flashaholic
Lest you think this refers to some drugged-out hippie-type from the 70's, read more about it HERE.

spacecase8.jpg

Highest bid by Friday midnight (meaning right when it turns October 25th) at PST (Pacific Standard Time) will get it.

I am splitting the proceeds from this sale 50/50 with CPF. High bidder Paypals me the winning amount, after which I will send half to DavidW/Sasha and company.

The thing to keep in mind is due to the difficulty of construction, I will likely never make one of these again. Also the bezels were hand turned by a very good CPF friend, and I know he is not of a mind to get into making a bunch of those either. So this will be a one-of-a-kind light with definite collectability, and we're not even talking about how BRIGHT it is.

All bids shall be posted here. If you e-mail a bid to me, I will have to very uncharacteristically ignore you...

Thank you for your support, this is for a very good cause (as well as for CPF, too!). /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

jtice

Flashaholic
AHHHH, this is one I really wish I had the $ to bid on. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

I loved keeping up on that thread.
Very nice light. Who ever gets this one has a nice usable light indeed. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Guess I will just have to try to make my own. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jpshakehead.gif

MR Bulk

Flashaholic
And Bent takes the leeeeed! Even though 30-30 is a nice round figure I guess (but hey, this light cost over $110 in parts alone)...

BentHeadTX

Flashlight Enthusiast
The battle continues...
Too bad there are not two X3T LEDs in there... the Double X Space Case would of been a great name. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/broke.gif

MR Bulk

Flashaholic
Jeff, have you figured a way to hide this from the wife? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

And Da Bear takes the lead!!!

MR Bulk

Flashaholic
Hmmm, I am thinking about a new Modder's BST auction format (possibly starting with the Next auction of course) whereby a "secret figure" is held in reserve (meaning a break-even point, an amount which will be shared with the CPF Administrator/s to keep everything honest) at which time the modder/auctioneer reserves the right to immediately end the auction since his costs are now covered (in this case it would have been $110).

Oh waitaminute -- make that $220 since I am splitting it with the CPF Forum, the loss of which none of us would be able to survive emotionally.

Anyway just food for thought, would certainly speed up the participation (not that it is going too slowly by any means right now) and eliminate the need to ruminate about what the viable auction end date would be when setting one up. I know for a fact that on e-bay I usually only bid right at the end (yes, a sniper I be)...

jcciv

Newly Enlightened
Charlie,

Since this forum has been left pretty open-ended, I think that you are free to list in your auction description that you will close the auction whenever your reserve price has been met and just do that. I don' think that you need to tell anyone what the reserve is.

I think that is a great idea, BTW.

John

Yukon_72

Newly Enlightened
I want this light to use in the Yukon Quest the toughtest sled dog race in the world.
My bid $145

MR Bulk

Flashaholic
Ooh! Promise me worldwide coverage (complete with photos) when you win and I might just close the auction right now!

Oops waitaminute, can't do it on this one, already gave the auction closing date up top...dang.

dallas

Newly Enlightened
How about 220 plus what it takes to ship to Yukon 72, possible return to Hawaii for repair, then to me. This will seem low on Friday. Anybody got some e-bay sniping software?

MR Bulk

Flashaholic
Wow Dallas, what a magnanimous offer. Yukon, you a lucky man! (so far anyway...)

Icebreak

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sure, Mr. B.

If I win I'll let Yukon use it if he'll send you some competition pics. Then I'll pass it around to dallas. Darn nice gesture he made.

Me? I'm after the A.I. chip set. My assistant seems to have a bit of an attitude and I want build a new one.
icon.gif