People who don't do PMs.

ShineOnYouCrazyDiamond

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am trying to get my head around the reasons but I am at a loss. I just can't fully understand why there are some people on the forum here who are so adamant that they will not do PMs and insist on emails or some other form of communication.

Personally I have enough email in my life and if I can keep my CPF messaging separate and consolidated on this site I am all for it.

ffemt6263

Enlightened
I agree...i sold an item last night and pm'd the buyer who posted ill take it and waited for a response. Nothing. Posted in the thread that i had sent a pm then got a response in the thread saying they do not pm and to go to the profile and look for the email address to contact them. Now nothing against the buyer he sent quick payment and it was fine but how does someone expect to be contacted if thats all you post in that situation??

jtr1962

Flashaholic
I was fine with PMs until a 100 message limit was implemented. Now I encourage anyone contacting me to go to emails because I don't feel like constantly doing housekeeping deciding which messages to keep, which to delete, etc. Also, I like to keep all of my correspondence with people for future reference. Obviously, this isn't possible if there's a message limit.

Greta

Flashaholic
... Obviously, this isn't possible if there's a message limit.

Yes, it is. There are three different options for downloading your messages on to your own computer so YOU can store them and not the CPF database- XML, CSV, or Text. Go all the way to the bottom of your PM list, over on the left.

THE_dAY

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes, it is. There are three different options for downloading your messages on to your own computer so YOU can store them and not the CPF database- XML, CSV, or Text. Go all the way to the bottom of your PM list, over on the left.

Ah thank you for that, didn't realize that option was there!

87james

Newly Enlightened
couldn't agree with you more. PM might be easier and more convenient. maybe the one who don't like PMs think that email might be more private and reliable. Who knows, so many emails in life.:)

correspondent

Newly Enlightened
In my case pming is the communication form of choice whether it be CPF, Facebook or whatever and also quite the lesser evil meaning it is less intrusive and won't clog up your inbox since i value my privacy and give out my email addy only when necessary.