Nitecore T2 and T5 --- Preon Revo Klarus MiX6 look alikes

shelm

Flashlight Enthusiast
now who is copying the design from whom?

Nitecore T2 reminds me of Klarus Mi10

t2sen07.jpg

t2sen03.jpg

Nitecore T5
reminds me of Klarus MiX6

t5sen08.jpg

t5sen03.jpg

Rofis ER10 reminds of Preon Revo SS

rofissmall.jpg

roffsmall.jpg

I am thinking that both RofislightDOTcom and NitecoreDOTcom have hit the market too late with their latest 1x AAA products. There are already Preon Revo Alu, Preon Revo SS, Klarus Mi10 Alu, Klarus Mi10 SS, Klarus MiX6 SS, Klarus MiX6 Ti, Klarus MiX6 Au, Klarus MiX5 SS, and Klarus MiX5 Au and both companies (4Sevens, Klarus) have made good money by selling this desirable form factor and efficiency champ (see selfbuilt's and HKJ's reviews!).

But people who are new to this form factor should have a look into the Nitecore offerings since they come with a pocket clip. Check out the product webpages on the websites!

Has anyone interest in these "new" releases?

Last edited:

jorn

Flashlight Enthusiast
The preon revo got discontinued. 4sevens talked about his designs were stolen, so he stopped dealing with the guys who were making the revo for him.. = no more revo.

bob4apple

Enlightened
4sevens talked about his designs were stolen

Ummm, yeah, I believe Apple is familiar with that kind of problem. However,
if 2 different flashlights are nearly identical, the one that's backed up by the
better, more trustworthy seller will hopefully have a better shot at pleasing the masses.

shelm

Flashlight Enthusiast
to whom it may concern:

there is a youtube video!!
snap400.jpg

the product really exists and is already available from the dealers!

reppans

Flashlight Enthusiast
The preon revo got discontinued. 4sevens talked about his designs were stolen, so he stopped dealing with the guys who were making the revo for him.. = no more revo.

So that's the story? Real shame, it's such a great light, I think I got one of the last SSs before being discontinued. :)

Matjazz

Newly Enlightened
I've been watching Nitecore T5 and Klarus Mi X6 and noticed big difference in lumen hours of low and medium modes. If you multiply lumens x runtime in hours you get:

Nitecore T5
  • high 97.5
  • med 87.5
  • low 70.0

Klarus Mi X6
  • high 99.2
  • med 148
  • low 198

They both use XP-G R5 leds. Nitecore's runtimes make sense because below optimal current efficiency starts dropping with lower current. But I can't figure why efficienca of Klarus is 2x better at low setting. Perhaps Nitecore used NiMh while Klarus used alkaline batteries which last longer at lower currents. Or is Klarus just full of bs?

Last edited:

shelm

Flashlight Enthusiast
Or is Klarus just full of bs?
+ 1

according to some other website (forum actually tested) the runtimes of klarus are 91min HI, 300min MED, 45h LO. that's the same lumen hours as the Nitecore's