The ultimate 'what have you used your light for?'

varmint

Enlightened
My neighbor who just moved here just bought a SF 500 lu FURY light. Lasy night he was stopped by the police for speeding, while the officer was about to write him a ticket the officer's flashlight quit. He LOANED the officer his Fury and the officer said "This things so bright I cant even read my ticket book, what is it? They talked and he did not get the ticket!!! Thats the best one I have ever heard!!

Mag-man

Newly Enlightened
My wife used to give me crap for carrying my little Maglite XL50 everywhere. We went to Paris (we're Americans and I carry American Maglites) and I snuck it with me, put it in my pocket and threw it in the bin at x-ray - no problem. The whole time we're walking around Paris it's in my pocket. One night we're trying to catch a bus somewhere. Of course the map hanging on the bus stop was not lit and we couldn't figure out which bus to take in the dark. So I whip it out, knowing she's going to say something. Lit up that Parisian map into daylight out of nowhere, and sure enough she goes, "YOU BROUGHT YOUR FLASHLIGHT TO PARIS?" Big shiet arse grin on my face, I say "Now, how would we ever catch the right bus in Paris if I didn't." It's always on me, no matter what my wife says!

Last edited:

angelofwar

Flashlight Enthusiast
My wife used to give me crap for carrying my little Maglite XL50 everywhere. We went to Paris (we're Americans and I carry American Maglites) and I snuck it with me, put it in my pocket and threw it in the bin at x-ray - no problem. The whole time we're walking around Paris it's in my pocket. One night we're trying to catch a bus somewhere. Of course the map hanging on the bus stop was not lit and we couldn't figure out which bus to take in the dark. So I whip it out, knowing she's going to say something. Lit up that Parisian map into daylight out of nowhere, and sure enough she goes, "YOU BROUGHT YOUR FLASHLIGHT TO PARIS?" Big shiet arse grin on my face, I say "Now, how would we ever catch the right bus in Paris if I didn't." It's always on me, no matter what my wife says!

Yet she would bring a flashlight if you all decided to camp in the back-yard...10' from the house. But who in their right mind would bring a light when traveling 1k miles from home in a foreign country, with old buildings with old electrical wiring...now that's just plain crazy! :shakehead