Fenix L2T broken switch

nemonis

Newly Enlightened
I have a Fenix L2T V2.0 (purchased December of 2007) that I have grown quite fond of. Unfortunately, I disassembled it this evening to re-lube the seals and the switch came out of the tailcap in multiple pieces.

Where can I find a replacement forward clicky switch that will fit this light? It seems a shame to get rid of a good unit over such an inexpensive part.

Thank-you and God bless!
Wayne

Nake

Flashlight Enthusiast
Not sure what you mean. Did the silver ring fall out too? That's what holds everything in the tailcap together. If that's the case everything can be put back in and just screw the ring back in.

nemonis

Newly Enlightened
Not sure what you mean. Did the silver ring fall out too? That's what holds everything in the tailcap together. If that's the case everything can be put back in and just screw the ring back in.

I wish it was that simple. I removed the retaining ring to put a bit of plumber's silicone grease on the boot. The plastic switch assembly has broken, and all of the innards (several plastic pieces and a surprising number of springs) have fallen apart. I have it sort of back together, but it no longer will stay on continuously (momentary only). I need to find the little plastic "clicky" assembly that goes inside the tailcap, between the silver screw-in ring and the rubber boot.

Thanks and God bless!
Wayne

nemonis

Newly Enlightened
I ended up ordering the reverse clicky from Elite LED, as well as a new boot (I had worn all of the nubs off the previous one). They arrived today, and the light lives again! I still prefer the original forward clicky, but this makes the flashlight usable again for a very reasonable price.

Thank-you for the suggestions.
God bless!
Wayne