A "Golden Dragon" set of McLux

McGizmo

Flashaholic
A \"Golden Dragon\" set of McLux

Bernhard Kiessling caught me at just the right time for a McLux set in TiN that he requested. I was in the process of sending a few parts to Jets22 for plating. Bernhard wanted a 1W DB750 flood in McLux head as well as a 5W BB750 McLux-PR, both to be swappable on a McLux 2x123 power pak. These are headed off to him tomorrow.

G-Dragon-set.jpg

- Don

Jets22

Enlightened
Re: A

I'll get that one..The PR head was raw when I plated it..I cleaned up some very minor surface issues prior to plating..The machine work was excellent on these new heads. The powerpacks and McLux standard head were EN plated. On these two items the EN was removed and TiN applied. I have in the past plated over EN though.

McGizmo

Flashaholic
Re: A -GoldenDragon-set of McLux

Thanks, Jets22. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

MR Bulk

Flashaholic

Hey exactly what color is that TiN in person? Really close to "goldtone" as I see in the pic? If so then very, VERY nice...

rodfran

Enlightened

A very nice finishing touch to a quality mod. Great work guys!

Kiessling

Flashaholic

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
I am one happy guy, I can tell ya all!
thanx Don, you da man!!!!!
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/buttrock.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink2.gif
bernhard

Raindrop

Enlightened

Wow,

Another nice McGizmo / Jets22 collaboration. Nice catch there Bernhard. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Atomic6

Flashlight Enthusiast

Great combo /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

NightStorm

Flashlight Enthusiast

[ QUOTE ]
MR Bulk said:
Hey exactly what color is that TiN in person? Really close to "goldtone" as I see in the pic? If so then very, VERY nice...

[/ QUOTE ]

Very much the color that you see, Charlie (maybe a little more subdued). /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif TiN has been used in the past to coat the stanchions of motorcycle fork legs. It has a low coefficient of friction and makes the stanchions very scratch and pit resistant (more so than HA3 or hard chrome). It ought to "wear like iron" on a flashlight. Just thought ya' might like to know.

Dan