Digi Cam LCD Protection?

bluewater

Newly Enlightened
Bought my first digital camera last week. (Now I can take beamshots) The soft plastic on the LCD scratches very easily. Anyone have any experience with the thin films that you can put over the screen to protect it? Does it affect the image throught the LCD..good or bad?

Saaby

Flashaholic
I use G2 Screen Protectors on my Dell Axim. They work great! They're designed so that you can hardly tell they're there. They are completely clear and smooth so when writing on the PDA it's like writing on the glass, as opposed to the ones that have a texture that blurs the screen and makes the stylus drag.

I realize a camera is different, but they offer a variaty of sizes to fit cameras too.

RevDavid

Enlightened
Those will work fine on a digital camera,,, I have seen people do that.

On the other hand, if you carry the camera in a case, and you use some care in handling it, you are not likely to scratch the screen enough to harm it. I have had three digital cameras over about the last 5 years now, and have only had the most minor of scratches. (Actually less bothersome than the screen protector itself. I do use screen protectors on my PDA... but only because they really DO get scratched in normal use.

My thought would be to use a screen protector if you have scratched up cameras you have owned in the past, and skip it if you have kept your previous cameras in great shape.

One thing... do not carry any digital on a strap that allows the camera to hang low enough to hit your belt buckle. Keep it adjusted higher. That is one way to immediately ruin the screen.

David <><

PS... cool avatar Bluewater... you should have that posted on the UFO thread. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

David <><