Fenix tk41 or tk60

Rekal

Newly Enlightened
I'm looking for a beamshot between the tk41 & tk60.
Wich one has most throw (long distance)?

i allready have AA batteries, so maybe the tk41 is cheapest (best) choise for me.
but then again, i dont mind the spend a few euro's if the TK60 is better in throw.

what do you think?

Last edited:

trevordurden

Newly Enlightened
IAccording to the specs, the TK41 will throw 472 meters, compared to the TK60 at 476 meters. The difference seems too miniscule to worry about.

Form factor vs battery life is the big difference with these lights. Would you want to carry something bigger and heavier, for twice the battery life? Keep in mind 800 is ridiculously bright and I've only been in a few situations where it made a difference from the 350 lumens.

my#1hobby

Enlightened
If you want awesome runtime, go with the TK60. I've had mine for almost a week now and the runtime is unbelievable and I'm only running mine on three D cells.

Swedpat

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have seriously considered to get some of these lights.
Advantage with TK41 is smaller size and weight. Disadvantages are shorter runtime and more complicated with 8 cells in a battery holder than 3 or 4 cells in the tube. BUT: I have an idea to use TK60 with MagCharger 6V battery. Yes, it will be longer and heavier than TK41 but around the same runtime. Still the advantage is that I only need to handle ONE battery. And the Empire Charger is pretty compact sized and easy to carry with me in the bag or backpack. I already have three 6V batteries so I can charge one at the same time I use another. Anyone else who thought about this alternative?

my#1hobby

Enlightened
Advantage with TK41 is smaller size and weight. Disadvantages are shorter runtime and more complicated with 8 cells in a battery holder than 3 or 4 cells in the tube. BUT: I have an idea to use TK60 with MagCharger 6V battery. Yes, it will be longer and heavier than TK41 but around the same runtime. Still the advantage is that I only need to handle ONE battery. And the Empire Charger is pretty compact sized and easy to carry with me in the bag or backpack. I already have three 6V batteries so I can charge one at the same time I use another. Anyone else who thought about this alternative?
I never thought of that. I have my Magcharger at work and will give it a try when I get there later today.

357mag1

Enlightened

It works fine and draws about 1700ma on Turbo when the pack is fresh so that should provide almost 2 hours of runtime with the 3500mah Nimh pack. Current draw will increase as the voltage across the pack decreases so you probably won't see a full 2 hours.

my#1hobby

Enlightened
As 357mag1 said, it works. I just tried it with mine. Another reason I'm glad I got the TK60. I have two Magcharger packs so this will make things even easier. Also, in this configuration it's just under 3 1/2 inches longer than my TK40 so to me it's not too much longer.

Last edited:

my#1hobby

Enlightened
I just noticed my TK60 looks brighter on the Magcharger battery. I compared it to my TK35 using my Tenergy cells and then the Mag battery stick doing a ceiling bounce. On the 3 tenergy cells it seems the same as the TK35 and a bit brighter with the Mag battery.