best buy price gurantee

200fr

Newly Enlightened
Does'nt best buy do that deal where if you find a product cheaper that they have it listed for they match that price you found

Tomas

Banned
Here's what Best Buy says in writing:
[ QUOTE ]
Store Price Guarantee
If, within 30 days* (14 days for computers, monitors, printers and notebooks, camcorders, digital cameras and radar detectors) of your purchase from Best Buy, you find a local competitor (excluding Internet competitors) offering a lower price on an available product of the same brand and model, we'll refund the difference plus another 10% of the difference. Just bring us a current ad or other verifiable written proof of the lower price, plus your original Best Buy sales receipt to claim your refund. This offer good only on all new in-the-box products of the same brand and model that are available in-store at any other local authorized retailer. It does not apply to competitor's one-of-a-kind or other limited quantity offer, or when a bonus or free offer (such as special financing program or manufacturer's rebate) is included in the purchase. Offer does not apply to BestBuy.com pricing. All returns exchanges and price adjustments must be made in the country of original purchase. Go to the customer service counter for details.

*In California, excludes cellular, digital and PCS phones and pagers.

Online Price Guarantee
At this time, we do not have a price match guarantee. However, if you purchase an item online or at a store kiosk and choose store pick up, and the item is offered at a lower price when you pick it up, you will be charged the lower price.

[/ QUOTE ]
Hope that helps.

BuddTX

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sometimes, places like Best Buy, Circuit city, etc, get "special models" of large purchase price electronics, and the model is especially for that one store.

This way, they can offer the low price guarantee, knowing that they are the only people that sell that very specific model.

in other words, Best Buy might offer the "Sony VXB11000BB", whereas Circuit City might carry the "Sony VXB11000CC".

I am not saying that it happens all the time, or on every product, just be aware of this, and see if any other stores sell the EXACT model that are considering purchasing.

RevDavid

Enlightened
In my experience, Best Buy and Circuit City usually carry the exact same models of most items, unless they just don't carry a model at one store at all. (Nobody seems to have everything.)

I have seen unique models at Costco, Sam's Club, and Walmart.

On other items though, you might find an entire brand missing from one store... eg... Circuit City might carry Linksys networking products instead of Netgear. But then you can always check other area retailers for a match.

David <><

Wits' End

Flashlight Enthusiast
Remote NEast Minnesota, next to Lake Superior
Almost all stores do price matching now. So I look through the fliers on Sunday and if there are a couple items at different stores that I need I go to one and get everything, if they have it. Works well, saves time and sometimes confuses cashiers /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

raggie33

*the raggedier*
the coolest thing ever was staples.now listen to this they price matched stuff ya found on the internet lol. it was so kewl cause you can find some awesume deals on the net on price watch.but they dont do it nomore for obivius reasons

hula

Newly Enlightened
I got a great deal on 'price matching'. I spotted in a national newspaper over here that a retail warehouse outlet was doing a digital camera for WAY below what it was currently being sold for almost everywhere else. So I shot off in the hope of getting one. Needless to say that when I got there they had all been mysteriously bought - in bulk.
So armed with the cut out of the offer I headed to Jessops photo shop who I knew had a price matching policy. Thus I bought a Minolta Dimage 7i for 350 pounds instead of the usual 600 pounds. A good buy in my books but not one I guess i'll get to repeat too often.

Hula.