New to the forum; want to verify authenticity of Surefire E2D LED Defender

zibby43

Newly Enlightened
New to the forum, just picked up my first Surefire.

I did not order the light directly from Surefire (because it was on backorder) and instead I ordered it from a distributor.

I paid full retail price but because I'm new to the Surefire game, I just wanted to check with those more knowledgeable than myself to ensure that my E2D LED Defender is genuine/authentic.

Thanks in advance. Here are some pics:

Your Images are too large, please resize to a maximum of 800 X 800 pixels. Please see rule 3 - Norm

Last edited:

mmace1

Enlightened
It offhand looks, and I assume is, authentic. But if concerned, call Surefire: 800-828-8809, and I imagine they can provide some sort of verification (serial number on the box, etc.) It's a rather expensive brand, so I imagine they're quite OK with/good at fielding such questions.

yifu

Enlightened
Looks real there, the ridges on the anodising is unique to Surefire and the TIR lens looks real as well.

yifu

Enlightened
As long as you pruchased it from a licensed dealer/distributer there shouldn't be a problem.

tacticaltony

Newly Enlightened
The engraving on the flashlight in the picture all looks super white, but mine looks silver (probably looks that way because it's a picture). but on surefire.com there's a tab called find a dealer, and they have a list of AUTHORIZED surefire dealers, if you bought it anywhere else such as amazon surefire doesn't recommend that. Did your light come in the box with a couple of small square laminated papers with warranty information and such? (I'm Also new to the flashlight game and the E2DL was my 1st purchase in January) hope I can be I some help

Last edited:

zibby43

Newly Enlightened
yeppers, u got an OEM surfire there. this is my next unit on order. love it!

Thank you!

Looks real there, the ridges on the anodising is unique to Surefire and the TIR lens looks real as well.

Appreciate the insight.

As long as you pruchased it from a licensed dealer/distributer there shouldn't be a problem.

Not sure on this one. Bought on Amazon and Amazon used a third party distributor. The distributor stocked other Surefire products.

The engraving on the flashlight in the picture all looks super white, but mine looks silver (probably looks that way because it's a picture). but on surefire.com there's a tab called find a dealer, and they have a list of AUTHORIZED surefire dealers, if you bought it anywhere else such as amazon surefire doesn't recommend that. Did your light come in the box with a couple of small square laminated papers with warranty information and such? (I'm Also new to the flashlight game and the E2DL was my 1st purchase in January) hope I can be I some help

Came in a Surefire box, tailcap came locked out, had an inspection sticker on it, and I know it came with paperwork inside the box - just can't remember what it looks like off the top of my head.

Many thanks for your help sir.

I have an E2DL and according to your pictures I think your E2DL is authentic.

:) :thumbsup:

zibby43

Newly Enlightened
Thank you to everyone who took the time to help me out and welcome me to the forum.

I'm glad to be a part of the community and hope I'll be fortunate enough to help you guys out in the future.

I'm going to take down the pictures now because I think I violated the forum sizing requirements (but the pictures are moot now anyway).