wan a output switch??

Spidey82

Enlightened
Hi guys,
Jus a thought, wat if SF were to come out with a output switch, something like the dimmer of streamlight. Doesn't need to have a full range choice of light, jus two output,
100% and maybe 50~60%(a resistor will do the trick rite?). so a 100lu lamp will give out 100lu and 60lu. den the 60lu lamp will give 60lu and abt 36lu.
shocked.gif

Now to give my idea, a half turn will give the lower output and a full turn will give max output. the putswitch will give u max output whether u r in off mode or low mode.
sounds cool???
rolleyes.gif

lets see some pros and cons
pros:
-no more switching between lamps
-no more dilema of which lamp to put in the your flashlight.
-can suprize ppl when u suddenly switch to high output.(come on, dats wat it is all abt rite?)
cons:
-lengthen the light
-$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

come on guys,
u ppl on for it?
my hand is up!!
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif

Brock

Flashaholic
The problem is if you run the lamp at a dimmed level it will drastically reduce the life of the lamp. The lamps really need to be run at full voltage all the time, I would even suggest as soon as the light starts to dim to replace the batteries to avoid damage to the lamp.

Brock

Size15's

Flashaholic
I get the impression that SureFires are built with the minimum parts that can fail such as electronics etc.

When someone grabs a SureFire, it should give full output without options. Unlock, press, light. Even with the 10X, you press it, and you get all the light. Of course you could not press it as hard an you get the longer runtime light...

Keep it simple. That's my view for what it's worth.

Al

JoeyL

Enlightened
To some extent, that is what the 9N does. Low level but white light and twist the head and stronger white light. This is one of my favorite lights for that reason. Also if the switch were a dimmer, the light would be yellow on low. Just my two cents.