• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired I am doing more Ti lights mods again if your interested let me know

Pontiaker

Enlightened
Do a search of my user name to see some of the Ti work I have done in the past, looking for Ti carving/Ano work and will trade lights, parts, etc... for my labor. Let me know if you have any questions.
Thanks!
Matt

CucchiaraKnives.com

chipwillis

Flashlight Enthusiast
DSCN0684.jpg

DSCN0683.jpg

compasillo

Flashlight Enthusiast
Not sure about that...
We can see threads like "surefire boring service", "cerakote service", "surefire modding service" and others posted here...
and they don't sell/buy/trade complete lights but only modding.

Pontiaker

Enlightened
I understood it, both times! Lol!

I mainly do Ti stuff but probably more exposure here too, thanks for moving it.

Matt

nfetterly

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't think you understand. I moved this thread TO here, FROM the new all-Ti customs forum.

Okay now I understand - I missed it totally earlier - the regular custom b/S/T thing got me as well as I didn't realize AWTYD was a moderator or had super thread moving powers.... (sorry too many 417 small batch double hopped IPA tonight, finished off with a Bell's Porter).

Anyway - a better spot for it for sure and great work! The Spy has a great slab to work on - any examples of round work? I know I've seen a thread of your work before, but the aforementioned beverages have stopped my internet driving tonight. I've got Mac's SST-50 EDC (2.8 4500) that I will never probably sell (fits in PD holsters) - ano doesn't look all that great on a flat surface, so some sort of treatment before ano would really help it out....

Henk_Lu

Flashlight Enthusiast
I bought a customized titanium Quark by Pontiaker for my wife over two years ago :

orig.jpg

standard.jpg

Very nice, isn't it? I had my whole Quark Ti set done after that, but did not do pictures of them yet, perhaps later... :wave:

gollum

Enlightened
Okay now I understand ........ I didn't realize AWTYD was a moderator or had super thread moving powers.... (sorry too many 417 small batch double hopped IPA tonight, finished off with a Bell's Porter).

.....but the aforementioned beverages have stopped my internet driving tonight........

LOL

made me laugh Neale, good onya mate...

sorry off topic but I was going to ask Matt aswell
You do all your (awesome) work by hand and with a dremel?
I would think it would be very hard to grind away at Titanium(6Al4V?) must take ages,(diamond burrs?)
I am also a knifemaker but find Ti very difficult especially detail carving

also Henk ... pics please

Joseph Milton

Enlightened
I had Matt make a custom knife when my daughter was born last year. The only photos I have are these crappy ones I took off my computer & not a shot of the carved pocket clip on the other side. Matt is really really good at what he does! I hope I can get my wife pregnant again so I can commission another knife!

DSC00020-1.jpg

DSC00019-1.jpg

griff

Flashlight Enthusiast
I purchased a iPhone case from matt that he carved a scull on it ............I was a conversation starter to all that saw it !!! What a craftsman!!
That SPY oo7 looks great !

budynabuick

Enlightened
I bought a customized titanium Quark by Pontiaker for my wife over two years ago :

orig.jpg

standard.jpg

Very nice, isn't it? I had my whole Quark Ti set done after that, but did not do pictures of them yet, perhaps later... :wave:

That is one of the nicest light"s I have EVER seen. WOW! She must really love it. AA or AAA?

Keith