XTar WK21 - My 2 Lumens

Ualnosaj

Enlightened
hidcanada20120227161627.jpg

Hi, and welcome to a new edition of... My 2 Lumens. There are plenty of more detailed and technically qualified reviews out there so this is only intended to be a super quick overview to temper my giddyness with a new light purchase :) Just remember these are my opinions and are subjective.

If you want more technical details like "is it PWM, how many amps does it draw... etc" please see the "Technical Review" section. Sometimes I'll put the mA draw information on different modes if I want to know (or are asked).

Model: Xtar WK21
Battery: CR123A, RCR123A
Rated Lumens: 500
SOS / Strobe: Yes
Multi Mode: Yes
Beam: Extremely wide flood (compared to E15, V10R XML, RRT-0 XML... both have brighter spill though)
Finish: Smooth black HA III aluminum

Notable Features:
- small and stubby form factor
- magnetic tail
- black clip
- slightly crenulated bezel
- can customize mode options
- comes with lobster clip (but not great quality)

Quirks:
- appears to "ramp up" quickly to high when high is selected or when "resuming" high mode on turn on

I Like it Because:
It takes an RCR123A, pumps out 500 lumens and is smaller than most (all?) of it's competitors and is inexpensive!
I Dislike it Because: You get what you pay for. The finish of the clip and light don't appear to be all that durable. Time will tell!

Technical Reviews: Selfbuilt (http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb...RCR)-Review-RUNTIMES-VIDEO-BEAMSHOTS-and-more!)

Last edited: