Quark lego help for an amateur please

keithk58

Newly Enlightened
I just purchased a Quark 2aa X tactical natural and was thinking about ordering a couple more parts to play around with a bit. So as I understand it the 2aa light should come with the lower voltage head unit right? That would mean that I could pick up a 123 body and use the same head and tail cap? Also, can a standard tail cap switch be used instead of the tactical switch on a tactical light?

Thanks!

CarpentryHero

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes, the tactical switch and regular switch both work on those bodies and yes the 123, AA and AA2 will work with your head and tailcap

oKtosiTe

Enlightened
Also, can a standard tail cap switch be used instead of the tactical switch on a tactical light?
Both tailcaps can be used; in fact the only difference between the tactical and regular tailcap is the type of clicky and rubber used, and these can also be swapped using the tailcap tool that I assume came with your Quark. Whether using a regular reverse clicky is useful to you with a tactical head is another question (it can tailstand!), but I know I love using a tactical clicky with my regular head.
I recreated a tactical tailcap using the clicky and rubber from a Quark Turbo Flat cap inside a regular tailcap.

Last edited:

Latest posts