Thrunite Catapult v3 short configuration

RCLumens

Enlightened
Greetings,

Looking at throwers that I can possibly configure to 2 or maybe 3 CR123's in size. (1 18650 will also work, but it seems lights in this class are far less capable of throw - outside aspherical of course, but am not looking for that)

I like the output, and run time of the M3X and the belt clip is a big plus for me.
The Cat v3's smaller size gives it some edge, but I had read that in the 2 CR123 configuration, the light operates at a max of approx. 400 lumens. Can anyone who owns a Cat v3 please confirm these findings exist or not? Also, if anyone has successfully used a belt clip for the Cat v3, would be curious as to which one fit.

Many thanks in advance and am open to other suggestions, but it looks like the best (and smallest) overall throwers (non aspherical) are the Thrunite Catapult V3 & Olight M3X.

benjy_a

Newly Enlightened
I have run the Catapult V3 in short configuration. On IMR cells it runs at full brightness for around 20 mins, much longer on low and medium. I also use the official Thrunite holster. Hope that helps.

B.

ScaryFatKidGT

Enlightened
Yeah the Catapult doesn't run full output in short the only one ones are the M3X or Crelent 7G5 the TN11 is smaller and throws good but not at good as the other 2.

benjy_a

Newly Enlightened
Yeah the Catapult doesn't run full output in short the only one ones are the M3X or Crelent 7G5 the TN11 is smaller and throws good but not at good as the other 2.

Sorry but it will with IMR cells.....:thumbsup:

tsask

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'll have to give this a try on IMR (havent found one in stock yet at lighthound)

Latest posts