Warm White XM-L T3

Xak

Enlightened
I have one of these in a hds and the tint is warm I think it is around 4000k it is a nice tint.

Nice! Is the tint even throughout the beam? I know most neutral tinted XM-Ls tend to be a bit blue around the edges, IIRC it's due to the difficulty of evenly coating such a large emitter. I've had both a ThruNite and a 4Sevens that have a beam like that. My ThruNite Catapult Neutral does not "suffer" from this, perhaps due to the deep reflector mixing the inconsistencies together to create a thrower.

What type of light is the hds and what is the beam like?

Will there be more of these warm XM-Ls coming out?

fortean101

Newly Enlightened
Up close the tint looks even but of course that is no guarantee due to obvious variations

The hds is a one CR123 based pocket torch, American made and a has a huge following on CPF

It is a modified light by myself, as the reflector is small the XML is very floody but with a hotspot of sorts.

Last edited:

Xak

Enlightened
+

It's a 7B tint on their T3 XM-L, toasty warm

Oh, I'm drooling! Did I pull the trigger too quick on my Quark X123^2 Neutral? Think 4Sevens will use these? I am due to get a medium sized light to go between my Quark X and Catapult. If no one else is going to use these LEDs I may consider the Dereelight.

Xak

Enlightened
Wow! I'm surprised no one else is interested in a warm XM-L. Thought this post would take off and I would hear of other manufacturers offering it. Perhaps I'll get the Dereelight.

mvyrmnd

Flashlight Enthusiast
Xeno have a warm XM-L light... The AA/14500 one. I don't remember the model name.

Xak

Enlightened
Xeno have a warm XM-L light... The AA/14500 one. I don't remember the model name.

Xeno lights (very hard to find the website) offer Cool (XM-L 1B T6), Neutral (XM-L 3C T5), and warm (XM-L 7B T4)

Anyone know the difference between the Dereelight XM-L T3 and the Xeno XM-L 7B T4?

Are they the same LED or just both have a 7B tint?

Weren't the T4s among the first XM-Ls to come out?

mvyrmnd

Flashlight Enthusiast
T3/T4/T5/T6/U2 are brightness bins.

The warmer the light, the lower the bin, usually.

A 7B tint XM-L will be easier to find in a T3 output bin, since it's a lower, more easily achieved output. It's available in T4, but will be more rare as it's harder to achieve that output from a warm emitter.

The first XM-L's to come out were a cool white T6 bin. They've since improved the output up to U2.

From a tint snob point of view, I find 7B too pink. I prefer 7A or 7C.

Last edited:

holygeez03

Enlightened
Dereelight is offering these. Anyone ever hear of them? I did a search on this forum and came up with NOTHING. Are these new?
http://www.dereelight.com/cl1hv4.htm

I have the Deree CL1H-T with the Warm T3 XM-L... I am a tint snob and I really like the tint. It is close to an incandescent in my opinion and very close to my ThruNite Neutron 1A "neutral", which is actually quite warm. Way warmer than my Quark AA2 Neutral (original run) and Zebralight SC51w.

FYI, I have the OP and SMO reflector and the OP throws almost as far and smooths out the beam nicely. I also use the extender tube and 2x18650's and the output is great.

If 4Sevens is listening, I would buy a Quark with a warm XM-L immediately... I tried the Quark X Neutral, but I couldn't get past the cool corona. I got the Neutron instead and the beam and tint are wonderful, but I would prefer the Quark build quality and tactical interface.

Xak

Enlightened
I have the Deree CL1H-T with the Warm T3 XM-L... I am a tint snob and I really like the tint. It is close to an incandescent in my opinion and very close to my ThruNite Neutron 1A "neutral", which is actually quite warm. Way warmer than my Quark AA2 Neutral (original run) and Zebralight SC51w.

FYI, I have the OP and SMO reflector and the OP throws almost as far and smooths out the beam nicely. I also use the extender tube and 2x18650's and the output is great.

If 4Sevens is listening, I would buy a Quark with a warm XM-L immediately... I tried the Quark X Neutral, but I couldn't get past the cool corona. I got the Neutron instead and the beam and tint are wonderful, but I would prefer the Quark build quality and tactical interface.

I had heard there was a run of the ThruNite neutrals where some complained were too warm. I was hoping I'd get one, but I ended up with one that was actually neutral and not warm. Oh well. Mine died in less than a year so I got a Quark X neutral. I was a little disappointed with my Quark X neutral. The tint is a bit greenish. My Quark Mini CR2 warm XP-G is a bit pink (still nice, though). My Preon XP-G High CRI is perfect. Also love the tint on my original Quark 123^2 neutral XP-E. The best tint EVER! Sadly not bright enough compared to the newer emitters.

How would this Dereelight XM-L T3 tint compare to these? Is it officially 7B or was that just an estimate from someone? I realize the Xeno XML 7B T4 may be brighter but is the 7B really pinkish?

Plus I never heard of Xeno and can't find any distributors. I realize new companies have to start somewhere, but I have a hard time trusting that.

Anyhow. I'm looking for a WARM XM-L 2xRCR123 tac-light to replace my old Olight M20 cool R2. Whatever XM-L I get I'm sure it will be plenty bright enough, so I'm really focused on getting a nice warm tint with this one. No pink, no green, just a nice yellowish brown.

Think I should give the Dereelight XM-L T3 a shot? If so should I get the CL1H V4 or the CL1H-T.

Should I wait to see if other manufacturers offer warm XM-Ls in the future or have these emitters been out for a while but and not many want to bother offering them to the few that appreciate warm tints?

Thanx for all your suggestions guys!!! I love this forum.

Last edited:

holygeez03

Enlightened
If you are looking for a larger format, warm light... the CL1H is probably a good choice. I got the -T because I want to be able to immediately switch back and forth between high and low. In fact, it was the only 2x18650, warm XM-L, with immediate access to 2-modes that I could find. It is near perfect for scanning my backyard and checking on my dog.

I don't notice any pink in mine but I'm sure there is some variance, and 7B is probably a decent choice... I use this light exclusively outside, so no whitewalls.

Xak

Enlightened
If you are looking for a larger format, warm light... the CL1H is probably a good choice. I got the -T because I want to be able to immediately switch back and forth between high and low. In fact, it was the only 2x18650, warm XM-L, with immediate access to 2-modes that I could find. It is near perfect for scanning my backyard and checking on my dog.

I don't notice any pink in mine but I'm sure there is some variance, and 7B is probably a decent choice... I use this light exclusively outside, so no whitewalls.

I can't find info on the UI of the CL1H-T. The CL1H V4 has 3 levels, but I can't find out how the CL1H-T works.

och

Newly Enlightened
The T3 Is probaby waaaaaaaaaaaaaay too warm. I have a T6 and a T4, take a look in the pictures for beam comparison. The T4 looks identical to a halogen color, T3 is probably going to be downright yellow.

zHuAn.jpg

xI3c7.jpg

NGfVX.jpg

BNTGQ.jpg

Xak

Enlightened
I believe the T3 and T4 are both 7B tints, so they should be the same, right?

och

Newly Enlightened
I believe the T3 and T4 are both 7B tints, so they should be the same, right?

If they are the same tint, then what is the difference? There are many Xeno T4 flashlights on ebay, and they are EXCELLENT. As you can see in my pictures, I have an Ultrafire with T6 - which is kind of crappy, it flickers and construction of the light isnt very high quality. And then I have a Xeno T4, and its really great, quality is top notch, no flicker at all.

Here are more pictures for beam comparison.

DQWMW.jpg

ObrY4.jpg

TdPZt.jpg