Lumintop ed10

staghater

Newly Enlightened
Hi.
Anyone have this light?
I read selfbuilt review but i dont see anything more about it on search?
I would like to hear some opinions about that light if some of you have it or is it that bad that nobody post about it :confused:

GordoJones88

Flashlight Enthusiast
It's new and most retailers don't have it.
It's just an XPG, there's already a bunch of similar lights on the market.
It's not really even in the top of it's class.

roadkill1109

Flashlight Enthusiast
try also the ed20 :) or if you want a tiny thrower from lumintop, the p1c or l1c.

staghater

Newly Enlightened
L1c looks nice.
Dont know what they are using for lubricate but on my light the grease was completely dry, almost baked.
Had hard time to even unscrew the head for the first time and i spent good half hour and lots of q-tips and alcohol to clean that mess.
I emailed them asking what kind of lubricate they are using but got no answer from them (like form the olight service center)
these guys dont read e-mails or they just dont bother with it.
But Fenix service is top class, they replied me in no time.
So big minus for lumintop and olight service centers.
Now when clean it works fantastic.no mode skipping, tint is pure white, finish is fine and led is centered decent, not perfect...

jorn

Flashlight Enthusiast
It's new and most retailers don't have it.
It's just an XPG, there's already a bunch of similar lights on the market.
It's not really even in the top of it's class.
The xp-g is nice for a light this size, put a xm-l in there and you loose throw. IMO the xm-l cant be driven hard in tiny lights, so there is no real point in using a bigger led than the xp-g (other than a more floody beampattern). It's like putting a 10 liter truck engine in a small car (for Marketing/bragging rights), and then tune it down to 150 hp and 200 newton torque so it wont rip the car to pices.
The driver sandwitch on my cheap lumintop worm's are "potted" with a thick layer of some kind of epoxy. Dont, know if the ed10 is potted, but most lights in this class are not. And most lights in this class can't handle a rcr without loosing warranty.

shelm

Flashlight Enthusiast
The driver sandwitch on my cheap lumintop worm's are "potted" with a thick layer of some kind of epoxy.
Are drivers always in sandwich form? I have never opened a head of a torch to find out how it looks inside.

Would you care to post photos of your sandwiched worm driver (and pill)?

btw, the lumintop worm aint cheap :) (between 20 and 30 bucks!)

staghater

Newly Enlightened
I too dont get the part "its just an XPG"
I am still using my old luxeon III lights and i am satisfied with performance.
My l2p have 45 lumens.
I really dont need last Klingon LED with 500000+ lumens to see beamshot on moon...
From light i expect to be reliable and when i need only 2 lumens to have that 2 lumens for sure every time.
Even the cheapest generic photon light i have and running it on one 2032 saved me when stuck in dark.

jorn

Flashlight Enthusiast
Would you care to post photos of your sandwiched worm driver (and pill)?

Posted a pic in the worm thread.
http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?321587-Lumintop-Worm-(1xAAA-XP-E-R2)-SS-amp-Aluminum-Review-RUNTIMES-BEAMSHOTS-and-more!&p=3891494#post3891494

btw, the lumintop worm aint cheap
smile.gif
(between 20 and 30 bucks!)
Cheaper than a hamburger with chips:)

Last edited:

Latest posts