FourSevens        
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: NEW MEMBERS: Having Trouble Posting, PMing, or Editing Preferences? READ THIS THREAD!

Exclamation Re: NEW MEMBERS: Having Trouble Posting, PMing, or Editing Preferences? READ THIS THR

I've actually been a member for a few years. I like to browse. But everytime I have a question and try to log in all I ever get is the " if you are seeing this page" trying to change my password and can't get to that page!! I have the one from the email I got to change it. But everytime I try to change it I can't get to that page or I get kicked out of the forum!! " I.E. the server is full please try again later. 8 /
    right now I'm just to frustrated!! I can't even remember what I was going to post! I can't even get on this forum from my laptop. Only by my iPhone! I hope someday you will fix this problem.

Default Re: NEW MEMBERS: Having Trouble Posting, PMing, or Editing Preferences? READ THIS THR

Quote Originally Posted by Oyabun View Post
    But everytime I try to change it I can't get to that page or I get kicked out of the forum!! " I.E. the server is full please try again later. 8 /
    Have you ticked the remember me box when you log in ?

Sounds like you haven't.

Norm

Default Re: NEW MEMBERS: Having Trouble Posting, PMing, or Editing Preferences? READ THIS THR

Quote Originally Posted by Oyabun View Post
    I've actually been a member for a few years. I like to browse. But everytime I have a question and try to log in all I ever get is the " if you are seeing this page" trying to change my password and can't get to that page!! I have the one from the email I got to change it. But everytime I try to change it I can't get to that page or I get kicked out of the forum!! " I.E. the server is full please try again later. 8 /
    right now I'm just to frustrated!! I can't even remember what I was going to post! I can't even get on this forum from my laptop. Only by my iPhone! I hope someday you will fix this problem.
    Well... obviously you were able to work it out without any "fixing" on the forum's part... cuz you posted. When literally thousands of people are able to successfully login every day, I have no choice but to look at it as "if it ain't broke, don't fix it".

the last time i been to here is sveral month ago, not familar with the rules now, can't find my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by jessy2012 View Post
    the last time i been to here is sveral month ago, not familar with the rules now, can't find my posts.
    Go to the top of the page, click on My Profile, and find you recent posts.

Bill

Unenlightened

Thanks for clarifying the rules for the first couple post I am new to the flashlight community

Default NEW MEMBERS: Having Trouble Posting, PMing, or Editing Preferences? READ THIS T

The first few go quickly and then you're on your way!

I'm excited to be on CPF; this place was a second home to my dad for a long time. I will do my best not to ask a question already addressed, so crossing fingers now. I've been trying to return an email to admin, using the email listed on this site, but it's getting kicked back. Am I missing something? I'd PM, but I've not met my quota and am still learning the navigation of the site.

Default NEW MEMBERS: Having Trouble Posting, PMing, or Editing Preferences? READ THIS T

I don't know about the email, that's strange.

But

BTW, who was/is your dad?

Quote Originally Posted by Greta View Post
    I think it's great! .... but sadly, I think it will be ignored as much as my red banners are... I hope I am proven wrong...

Thank you!

speaking of, is there a a way to turn down the brightness of the red banner to maybe a pastel. after staring at it for a couple of seconds, i cant read anything while scrolling down the page! but just to show i've read it, i know this doesn't go towards my 3-post count

Default Re: NEW MEMBERS: Having Trouble Posting, PMing, or Editing Preferences? READ THIS T

My dad was Roy Bost; he lost his battle with cancer in 2008. CPF was incredibly kind with condolences to my family.

Default Re: NEW MEMBERS: Having Trouble Posting, PMing, or Editing Preferences? READ THIS T

Quote Originally Posted by poohmebe View Post
    My dad was Roy Bost; he lost his battle with cancer in 2008. CPF was incredibly kind with condolences to my family.
    Roy, yes we all loved Roy. Please post in our Cafe forum here on CPF, and introduce your self as Roy's son, and pass on any thoughts you have about him. He is still sorely missed here on CPF. There were few members who did not read his Review threads, and we all loved his banter.

Bill

Thinking I dont understand it?! Sorry.

So what do we have to do.

Do we need to make three posts on the forum and they don't show up until approved by a Admin or Mod. And then after that we are free to post and they will just show up.

Or is it only ,airing a new thread and that that won't show up?

Or do we have to make a three posts here, what is this section of the forum for?

Practice posts what dose that mean?...I am on many forums and have not bad issues before maby I am just being dumb.

Not sure if anybody can help me out here,

I joined the CPF forums a couple months ago to predominately post in the LED subsection. Over the course between the joining time and now, I have have posted a handful of good faith technically based answers as well as a general explanation of LED's and related circuit theory (total number of posts> 3). Nonetheless, I am unable to access the 'My Profile' (insufficient privilege note) tab alongside the yellow backed postcount message. Can someone verify the validity of my posts if possible?

Edit: If any admin did anything between me first posting this and now, thank you.
    Last edited by cybhunter; 04-12-2013 at 08:40 AM. Reason: Updated rights of account

Quote Originally Posted by cybhunter View Post
    Edit: If any admin did anything between me first posting this and now, thank you.
    Nothing was done, you now have sufficient posts to have full privileges.

Norm

Thanks so much. Very helpful.

Unenlightened

sorry i dont know why can't post .thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by anakfame View Post
    sorry i dont know why can't post .thank you.
    You have made no attempt to post a genuine post, all submitted posts were fluff, running around posting great review will not get you the required three posts, please make some attempt to contribute. - Norm

Hello, I signed up her quite a while ago and am hoping that I get onto here correctly, if this is what it takes to prevent spammers I have nothing against this

Thanks

Unenlightened

I'm not understanding why especially one other of my posts hasn't been posted. It has been at least 4 days and it was a valid post, not simply trying to get past the 3 posts deal. I also posted in the introduction section, thinking that hey this doesn't go towards my post count so it would appear and I can see that things are still working, that didn't work either. Should I re-type my last official post that I intended to go into my thread of "recommend me a flashlight" with the specifics I already outlined as stated in the guidelines for recommending a flashlight?

Quote Originally Posted by zl1killa View Post
    I'm not understanding why especially one other of my posts hasn't been posted. It has been at least 4 days and it was a valid post, not simply trying to get past the 3 posts deal.

You have only one post in an area where it counts toward your post count, you have no outstanding posts.

Norm
    Last edited by Norm; 09-01-2013 at 12:28 AM.

Unenlightened

Quote Originally Posted by Greta View Post
    Activation code resent.
    Thanks for the thread, I was a little bit lost at first.

I may have posted the same question twice

Sorry I am a first time forum user.....NOOB

If i have could one of them please be deleted

Hi,
    I've created a new post today under "Flashlight Electronics - Batteries Included" and i'm trying to reply to 2 members who are seeking more information but my posts won't get through. is there a problem with how I'm replying or is there something else?
    Many thanks.

Did you read the posts in this thread?

Unenlightened

It's awesome to be here. I can see that many people in this forum are so professional. They know much about Flashlights. I am here to learn and enjoy.

Default Re: NEW MEMBERS: Having Trouble Posting, PMing, or Editing Preferences? READ THIS TH

You have insufficient posts, your post count needs to be above 3. - Norm
    Last edited by Norm; 07-10-2013 at 02:17 AM.

Unenlightened

Smile Re: NEW MEMBERS: Having Trouble Posting, PMing, or Editing Preferences? READ THIS THR

I used to browse, but this time I want to post.

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin Pan View Post
    I used to browse, but this time I want to post.
    Posting here will not help your post count, please read the banner at the top of the page. - Norm

Unenlightened

Lightbulb Re: NEW MEMBERS: Having Trouble Posting, PMing, or Editing Preferences? READ THIS THR

Great to share the rules with us,and hope to get more useful information form the website,I am the new member, learner,to get more light culture and light real light technology, thank you.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast