Angryfox        
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: NEW MEMBERS: Having Trouble Posting, PMing, or Editing Preferences? READ THIS THREAD!

Flashaholic

Default Re: NEW MEMBERS: Having Trouble Posting, PMing, or Editing Preferences? READ THIS THR

Can someone please activate my account in the MarketPlace. I know it's "a different database". I can log in and read the posts, just have no other permission.

Thank you.

ajl

Default Re: NEW MEMBERS: Having Trouble Posting, PMing, or Editing Preferences? READ THIS THR

Hi have activated under "rlapporte" with the email rlapporte@yahoo.com" for some reason, it's not letting me log in. I tied resetting, but it tells me that that email doesn't exist. Help!

Quote Originally Posted by rlapporte View Post
    Hi have activated under "rlapporte" with the email rlapporte@yahoo.com" for some reason, it's not letting me log in. I tied resetting, but it tells me that that email doesn't exist. Help!
    Please read the first post in this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by ajl View Post
    Can someone please activate my account in the MarketPlace. I know it's "a different database". I can log in and read the posts, just have no other permission.

Thank you.

ajl
    Activation code sent to email on file.

Flashaholic

Thank you for sending me the Activation code to the email on file.

At the present time BellSouth and/or Yahoo must have problem with their email system today, as I cannot even receive a test message I sent to myself. I'll give them a day before getting them involved.

Thank you again, I'm sure I will get the email sometime soon.

I did check with AT&T and they confirmed that they are currently experiencing a email problem this afternoon.

Received the second email Activation code this morning. Thank You. ajl
    Last edited by ajl; 05-01-2014 at 07:24 AM.

Unenlightened

Oh this explains why my posts seemed to just vanish I will await my approval

Unenlightened

I would also like an activation code for marketplace please

You need to sign up for an account at the MarketPlace, in the same manner that you registered here. Your activation code will then come to you in email.

I was one of those new members that only a few short hours ago was somewhat frustrated. Fortunately, not only can I turn to the FAQ, the rules, and stickies but there was also a huge yellow notice informing me that I had to post three times. I found appropriate places where I could contribute to the topic at hand, and lo and behold I got my privileges.

I decided to see if other people were complaining about this forum. When entering "candlepower forums" and "complaints" on Google I found that some people don't like the heavy moderation of this forum. Nestled not too deeply in the introductory information I found the reason for this "over moderation." You guys are trying to prevent getting spammed to death. All of your efforts make sense. I am a member in good standing of both Jerzeedevil and Blade Forms. Both of the latter forums have their unique culture, as does this forum.

I personally find that I need to try to do things "their way" before whining about how they do things. Anyone joining a forum would do very well to read the rules, FAQ, stickies in addition to perusing the various threads to see how folks actually communicate with each other. How do they treat newbies? How they treat people who act stupid, and how they treat people who are generally polite and respectful.

I do notice that there is a bit more to do here as a newbie than there is on some other forums. I also notice that I am getting more information than I ever thought possible, so I find the effort well worth it. Thanks to the mods and creators for all of your efforts.
    Body is like a flashlight, Eye is like the bulb.
    -Sri Sathya Sai Baba

Mikey.

You sound like you're off to a great start here. Hope you enjoy your time!

Welcome to CPF Mikey66! Very well said. I've had similar observations of the social parameters between different forums, and find that the members are pretty laid back and friendly compared to some of the forums I've frequented. Love your signature btw!
    Sent from my Glade® Air Freshener

Buttrock Re: NEW MEMBERS: Having Trouble Posting, PMing, or Editing Preferences? READ THIS THR

Im trying to figure stuff out but hard without having full access Ive already posted more than 3 post when will I be cleared as well on the marketplace ...

Quote Originally Posted by alanankris1019 View Post
    Im trying to figure stuff out but hard without having full access Ive already posted more than 3 post when will I be cleared as well on the marketplace ...
    Several of your posts are in a forum where your posts don't go toward your post count (hint: look at that notice at the top of the page), a couple of your posts are nothing but fluff (no substance whatsoever - a common ploy by spammers to get through the vetting), one post you were trying to sell a Surefire (not allowed here on CPF - the MP is for that). So pretty much that is your problem.

I recently started a new thread in the "Recommend me a flashlight" section of the forum, for a question about choosing a P60 Drop in bulb. After I submitted the thread, the message displaying that my thread was successfully being posted was shown, but I don't see my thread anywhere in the section? Most of my posts have successfully shown up in other threads I have replied to. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
    Solarforce L2P/S8 Tail/XPG R5
    Solarforce L2T/S6 Tail/Tactical Head&Beze
    l/XML T6

You posted twice so both posts were deleted. I restored one of them HERE.

Quote Originally Posted by Greta View Post
    You posted twice so both posts were deleted. I restored one of them HERE.
    Ah! Thank you very much for the help! I believe I posted it twice, because I was unsure if the thread actually was posted, my fault!

Unenlightened

Hello I am member for couple year but not posted, where I can introduce my self in the forum and post more after that for completing my 3 post ? thank !

Quote Originally Posted by samintrepid View Post
    Hello I am member for couple year but not posted, where I can introduce my self in the forum and post more after that for completing my 3 post ? thank !
    Ummm... look around?

Flashaholic

Hi, i would like to put down list of my torches below my threads as i have seen most people do this, but not sure how. Is it through settings and edit signature?

Yup you got it.

This is good information. As a new banner I think the wording in yellow could be improved to be made clearer. It currently reads:
    If you are seeing this notice, it means that you have made 3 or less posts in the forums where your posts actually go toward your postcount. (Posts made in the Questions forum, the Intro forum, the Admin forum, and the Practice forum do NOT go toward your post count!) Once you have made more than 3 posts, you will not see this notice again. Posts may or may not be moderated immediately depending on whether or not a moderator or administrator is online and processing moderated posts at the time of your post. In other words, it may take a few minutes, a few hours or even a few days for your posts to be moderated. If it is obvious that your posts are nothing more than an attempt to 'get your three posts out of the way', your posts will NOT be approved.

My humble opinion is that the first sentence should read "New posts for new members will first go into a moderate queue to validate you are not spam and are posting appropriately. Once approved by the moderator the post will show up in the forum where intended. After three posts your posting will show up immediately without the initial review from the moderator". Something along that effect. Anyways. Hope this counts towards my post count! lol

Quote Originally Posted by wakesnowb View Post
    Hope this counts towards my post count! lol
    Ugh, you might want to re-read that first sentence in parenthesis.

Bill

.... (Posts made in the Questions forum, the Intro forum, the Admin forum, and the Practice forum do NOT go toward your post count!) ... Anyways. Hope this counts towards my post count! lol

Ha! This is why we need to make the first sentence tell you that your first posts will not be posted until a moderator reviews it. Second sentence is too far in lol I admit I scanned these rules and did not pay attention to a lot of it as all I wanted to do was post not read rules. I think most noobs are probably the same way.

Typing this message simply to meet the length criteria to remove my original sentence that called the wording on the site a lie (wasnt calling admins liars, just the way things were worded but apparently I have a reading/comprehension issue)
    Last edited by wakesnowb; 10-09-2014 at 11:51 AM. Reason: Not trying to get into technicalities of the rules and the message that flashed after my post.

Also, when I reply to this thread it flashes real quick that it will be moderated after I post. For this thread, that is a lie!
    Every post you've posted has been approved, I'm not sure I understand what you mean by "lie"?

Not a nice way to start out on CPF by calling us liars.

Norm
    Last edited by Norm; 10-08-2014 at 03:31 PM.

Also, when I reply to this thread it flashes real quick that it will be moderated after I post. For this thread, that is a lie!
    I guess I have to ask.... do you have a reading disability or a comprehension issue? No, really. I'm serious.

From the quote you quoted above...

"Posts may or may not be moderated immediately depending on whether or not a moderator or administrator is online and processing moderated posts at the time of your post. In other words, it may take a few minutes, a few hours or even a few days for your posts to be moderated."

Norm is right - calling us liars is not a good start...

You are right, sorry. I need to take the time to read more carefully. No I do not have a reading disability or a comprehension issue. I have a time issue and try to multitask posting along with a ton of other things I am trying to do and basically skimmed these rules in order to get posting. You guys are the boss of this site, I thought the moderating message I get on this practice forum was a lie since it seemed to post right away. It flashes too quickly to tell if it is saying that it will definitely be moderated or not when the rules say it may or may not. Whatever, technicality, who cares. No disrespect, things come across differently when typing than talking. I will try to edit my other post to take the liar thing out. You guys have a good community of people here so you are doing everything right.

Apology accepted, I hope you enjoy your time here.

Norm

I've been here a while but have 3 posts to my name, any reason why PMs do not show up in my Sent folder (which is why I'm posting here rather than PM the admins)? Thanks for any help.

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast