Angryfox        
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789

Thread: NEW MEMBERS: Having Trouble Posting, PMing, or Editing Preferences? READ THIS THREAD!

Unenlightened

Default Re: NEW MEMBERS: Having Trouble Posting, PMing, or Editing Preferences? READ THIS THR

Quote Originally Posted by Greta View Post
    Your post kinda doesn't make sense. Obviously you have access to your account... you posted!
    I agree it doesn't make sense, that was the point.
    Yes I can post but with the new password I no longer have access to my profile or prior posts.

Default Re: NEW MEMBERS: Having Trouble Posting, PMing, or Editing Preferences? READ THIS THR

Quote Originally Posted by gridflash View Post
    I agree it doesn't make sense, that was the point.
    Yes I can post but with the new password I no longer have access to my profile or prior posts.
    You don't HAVE any prior posts. You may want to read through Post #1 of this thread.

Unenlightened

Makes sense. As a new member I'm hoping to get approved for PM so I can get in on some of that group buy buttery goodness!

My friend, please read the rules in order to understand your membership status:

http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/...=1#post3887855

However, there seems to be a proliferation of questions from new members as to why they see RED BANNERS, why they don't see their posts *immediately*, why they can't PM other members and why they cannot edit their settings. The explanations are clearly stated in the Rules and FAQ sections, but it seems that reading those are too tedious for many. I have thus distilled down the relevant portions and quoted them below. I hope that you find them helpful.

Now, please read these rules thoroughly:

In an effort to reduce spam in the forums by new members who only register in order to post spam, restrictions have been imposed on all new registrations.

1) The first 2 (two) posts that a new member makes (regardless of registration date) are put into a moderation queue before being posted in the open forums. A CPF moderator or administrator then reviews the post and the user account for validity and suitability. If the post is nothing but spam, the account is immediately banned and the post never sees the light of day in the forums. If the post is not spam, it is approved and shows up where it was intended to be posted. After 2 posts have been approved by a member of the CPF staff, the 3rd post will not need moderation and the user account is "promoted" to full posting privileges.Status promotions may not be immediate. It could take up to 10 minutes.

2) Until a new user account has been approved and vetted in the above manner, the account has NO private message privileges and cannot add an avatar or otherwise "customize" their profile. Again, this is due to new users registering for spamming purposes only. They use the PM system without ever making a post in the forums. As with above, once the new member has posted 2 posts and the account has been approved and vetted, full board privileges are instated.

Have a nice day!

Always best to post in those forums that do not have the banner at the top of the page that says. Posts In This Thread Do Not Go Toward Your Post Count.

Bill

Hello,

New member sll here. I've searched this forum and saw some similar discussions where other's made a post but were not found in queue. I joined on 3/25 and posted a question on the Test/Review of Charger Fenix ARE-X1, as well as one for the New Member Intro. Can you check to see if these are in queue?

Thanks for your help

Sorry, nothing pending moderation or in the deleted posts lists. It must have been eaten by an internet gremlin!!

Thanks, I'll try again with just the intro.

hi
    im new to this forum why i cant post to this topic?
    http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/...arger-Xtar-VC4

Quote Originally Posted by samfeee View Post
    hi
    im new to this forum why i cant post to this topic?
    http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/...arger-Xtar-VC4
    Probably because you post is waiting for approval.
    It is also possible to ask me questions directly on email, but generally it is better to ask on the forums and wait for an answer (More people will usual benefit from that).
    My website with battery, charger, usb reviews, comparisons & information: https://lygte-info.dk/
    Latest addition is multimeter reviews

Thank you. I have read the rules of the forum, I am a SUREFIRE fan, I hope to learn more knowledge here and know more lovers.

How long does it normally take to get posts approved. I posted days ago yet my posts are still hidden from view.

I found this this post.

Bill

Quote Originally Posted by Bullzeyebill View Post
    I found this this post.

Bill

There are two posts further elaborating on that post and adding more info, Bill, posted a day or so later. Maybe they never made it as on other forums rarely I have had post mysteriously vanish after clicking the "post" button.

Posts seldom vanish from CPF, when they are appropriate and posted in a correct forum. Your first post is appropriate and in is ok in that forum. I suggest that you redo your missing posts. Myself or another mod will monitor those posts.

Bill

Quote Originally Posted by .RC. View Post
    There are two posts further elaborating on that post and adding more info, Bill, posted a day or so later. Maybe they never made it as on other forums rarely I have had post mysteriously vanish after clicking the "post" button.
    I don't see any posts from you in the Deleted posts list as though they were deleted by a Mod, so they must have been gobbled up by a web gremlin or something. Sorry about that. Post again and as Bill said they will be approved.

One suggestion is to make sure that when you log in you tick the Remember Me box, otherwise you may be logged out after a period of inactivity. If that happens while you are composing a post...POOF!

No worries. Thanks for the advice.

Unenlightened

Thumbs up Re: NEW MEMBERS: Having Trouble Posting, PMing, or Editing Preferences? READ THIS THR

I think its good decision and nice rule to protract spam into forum. Spammer will not wait to get verified so they go away. Only real people will stay with you after sing up and show respect to your rules and regulation to get their account active and verify from forum moderators or administrators.

Unenlightened

Hi, my actual login ID was robo21. I have tried everything to restore my password and revive my account but nothing seems to work. I would really like to have access to my ID and history with CPF if at all possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Robonik View Post
    Hi, my actual login ID was robo21. I have tried everything to restore my password and revive my account but nothing seems to work. I would really like to have access to my ID and history with CPF if at all possible.
    There is nothing wrong with your account. I just sent you a password reset email. This is the second one I've sent you. Please check your spam folder for the email and follow the instructions in the email to reset your password.

Unenlightened

Red face What Have I Done? It shouldn't be this difficult.

There is nothing wrong with your account. I just sent you a password reset email. This is the second one I've sent you. Please check your spam folder for the email and follow the instructions in the email to reset your password.

Hi Greta, I am so very sorry. I seem to be blundering at every turn - I feel like a newb. Of course, you were correct about the spam folder. I thought I had cleared the entire domain (candlepowerforums.com) for incoming email on my Outlook software, yet for some reason the first reset email did end up in the spam folder. Yet I must have done something right because the next one did arrive in the inbox.

Here's where I screwed up again - I guess I should have logged out of the robonik user name before I clicked on the reset link in the email. All I succeeded in doing is resetting the pw for robonik. And the worst part is that I mistakenly changed the email address for robonik to the robo.21 email (the desired old username "robo21" has no period - when I changed ISPs the new ISP didn't have "robo21" available so I had to put a dot in my email account name).

Now robonik is associated with that email and I have no idea which email (if any) is associated with robo21 - I am guessing that the email of record for the "robo21" account is a roadrunner.com email address. I made a mess so I thought I could fix it with the first reset email that went to the spam folder.

Here are the steps that I took that I thought would resolve this mess:

1. Logged out of robonik account
    2. Cleared cookies and browsing history in IE11
    3. Tried the unused password reset link contained in the first email that you sent that went into the spam folder.
    4. Found myself unable to reset the password for robo21.

I feel like a total newb for screwing this up, my apologies for the inconvenience. This is incredibly embarrassing. I promise, once this is straightened out I will be out of your hair and I will endeavor, as always, to be a positive member of the community.

My Goals:

1. I need to establish a pw and email for my old account, robo21
    2. After I do that I would like to eliminate robonik.

Please advise me on how to restore my robo21 account - that is all that matters to me now. I will carefully follow the instructions.

Thanks in advance.

robo21 aka robonik

Hoping this is a good sign that the boss is back in town.

Quote Originally Posted by KITROBASKIN View Post
    Hoping this is a good sign that the boss is back in town.
    On my way home now. Should be there in time for Super Bowl kick-off - Little man is doing great now (was pretty damn scary there for a few days!) and we had an awesome time doing selfies and Snap Chats...

Robonik - I have adjusted your accounts and restored your old account (robo21) with your "new" email address. Just ignore/forget the "robonik" account. I'm not going to delete it. Just ignore it.

Virtual mascara on the little man. What a hoot!

Great news

Default NEW MEMBERS: Having Trouble Posting, PMing, or Editing Preferences? READ THIS THREAD!

Testing
    Last edited by OfficerCamp; 07-19-2018 at 11:01 PM.
    Who the hell would spend $50 on a flashlight? - My Mother

Hello, and welcome back. To sell you will need to buy a Supporter/Subscription badge available through the settings tab. I believe they are as little as $5 for one month of unlimited listing depending on what Level you go with. Let us know if you have any issues.

Unenlightened

Hi,
    I'm new at this forum, I created my profile some times ago but why can,t I edit my profile?

Customizing (editing) your profile isn't permitted until you have been vetted, as is explained in the first post of this thread.

Enlightened

Hi all: New guy here. Still trying to learn the system. I made 2 posts and 1 reply. I wanted to post an new thread on "flashlight reviews" and it said I could only reply, not post a new thread. What am I doing wrong? thanks....
    Rob

Quote Originally Posted by Top Shirt View Post
    Hi all: New guy here. Still trying to learn the system. I made 2 posts and 1 reply. I wanted to post an new thread on "flashlight reviews" and it said I could only reply, not post a new thread. What am I doing wrong? thanks....
    Rob
    Explained in this announcement, here ...

https://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb....php?f=19&a=16
    ... is the archimedes peak

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789