***ANYONE*** Know how to take apart a Surefire G2X tailcap WITHOUT breaking it.

geoff538

Newly Enlightened
I'm attempting to change out the switch boot from black to orange. I can't for the life of me get the guts out without crushing everything in there. There are 3 notches to grab onto instead of the usual 2 that I've tinkered with before, 4sevens, fenix, etc... Does anyone have a simple solution as to how to get this thing out? It feels like it's glued in there!!!!

Last edited:

Got Lumens?

Flashlight Enthusiast
Geoff,
Have you tried asking a dealer? There are several good ones that could probably answer that question.
I just googled and came up with many, some even are here on CPF. If I knew, I would tell :(.
GL

geoff538

Newly Enlightened
I'll give it a shot... I didn't want to bother dealers. I was hoping that someone would have a link or a simple solution. I know a few dealers. I'll contact them Monday... I don't have anything to lose at this point. I appreciate it.

Geoff,
Have you tried asking a dealer? There are several good ones that could probably answer that question.
I just googled and came up with many, some even are here on CPF. If I knew, I would tell :(.
GL

Brasso

Flashlight Enthusiast
Pretty sure it's glued in there. I tried to take a G2L tailcap apart once. Boiling, heating...tried everything. I finally just tore the thing apart and still couldn't get the switch all the way out. I don't know what they use for glue, but it's some really tough stuff.

Tana

Flashlight Enthusiast
Try boiling but if there's a LOT of glue on the threads, most likely you'll have to decide it's either torn-apart guts (replaced with McClicky set maybe) or just leave it as it is. On one of my 6PX tailcaps I ripped off everything from inside (it was TOUGH)... the second one was just too easy with needle-nose's... unscrew and screw back, just wanted to check if it's removable-friendly...