Fenix E11 vs Fenix E05

Batang Regla

Newly Enlightened
Hi

Why is E11 price ($26.95)the same as fenix eo5? And between the two, is the preferred choice would be the e11?

Have not seen the two lights, is the e11 bulky and too long for a keychain light? and are they both flood light? I really want the eo5 but e11 low mode is almost the same with e05 so im thinking e11 is bang for the buck.

Last edited:

CarpentryHero

Flashlight Enthusiast
The E05 is aaa light twisty, single mode an keychain worthy. The E11, because of the AA battery and clicky switch is going to be too large for the keychain but probably great for pocket or lanyard carry

leon2245

Flashlight Enthusiast
e11 vs. e05

Combination of the two would be ideal- size & energy advantages of 1xAA but setup like the e05 (head twist, tailstands & single mode). Either the e11's TIR or the e05's diffusing optic, 100l or 30l or anything in between, I wouldn't care.

Fenix just needs to make an AA e05 happen.

davecroft

Enlightened
Well, where I am the E11 is 25% more expensive than the E05. Which seems fair considering it is larger, has 2 modes and has a clicky switch therefore more parts.

I have both - both great lights. The E11 is bright, has good throw for an AA and decent runtime. It's a good size in the hand and very solid, but a bit big and heavy for keychain use. The E05 is a great keychain light, floody, very small and reliable. Both have nicely coloured beams.

The E11 has had some issues with quality control, but these problems seem less common lately. Unless you specifically need a small keychain light I would go for the E11 as it is more versatile.

But if you decide on the E05 I would suggest you try and find a different supplier. It shouldn't cost as much as the E11.

Last edited:

parnass

Flashlight Enthusiast
My wife bought me a Fenix E11 for Valentines Day and both are honeys. :)

The E11 is large for a keychain light, but is one of the smallest AA lights available with a clicky tailcap switch. Glad Fenix made the E11 thinner than my clunky thick Fenix L1T and provided grippy knurling. The E11 diameter is about the same size as an Inova X1 and the battery tube of a Mini Maglite.

The LED in my E11 appears to be centered and the tint is very white -- not too blue nor yellow nor green.

Ualnosaj

Enlightened
The alternative is the LD01... higher output, small size. Of course the flipside is more expensive.

Richub

Enlightened
I have all three lights.

E05: Great single mode keychain light, nice floody beam, has a beautiful white tint.
E11: Great EDC light with 2 modes, has a nice throw, the same great tint, and is one of the brightest single AA lights commonly available.

Where I live (Europe), that E11 is about 25% more expensive than the E05. I payed 20 euro for that E05, and 28 euro for the E11.

LD01: One of the best and brightest single AAA keychain lights commonly available, has 3 modes.
This light is quite a lot more expensive than the other two. I payed 45 euro for it.

As for keychain lights: Your choice is between the E05 and LD01, the E11 is too big for keychain use.
Whichever light you'll choose: All three are excellent lights, definitively worth the money.

Ishango

Enlightened
For keychain use I'd advice the E05, the E11 is too large for a keychain light. I own both the E05 and E11 and they are both very good lights in their own category. Pretty much the same advice as the commenters above me :) The E05 is nice and floody and has a nice tint. The E11 is larger and is a very nice single AA light with good output, smooth beam and very decent runtime.

Pointoflight

Newly Enlightened
E05 is found on the net for 19.00 w free shipping. Best keychain light for the money IMO.

twl

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have the E05, but not the E11.
I've been curious about the E11, but not curious enough to buy one.
The E05 is very small, bright enough, good flood beam for personal use, great tint, nice build quality, cheap price.
Very tough to beat.
The only thing it really lacks is throw, and I want flood for a personal use light anyway, so the lack of throw is no problem for me.

Maybe one day, I'll try an E11, because I would like a good AA light.
I echo the sentiments about Fenix should make a AA E05. That would be perfect.

SimulatedZero

Enlightened
The E11 is a great EDC light. I've been carrying it around for a few months now and it has done very well. And as previously mentioned it does have respectable throw from that TIR optic. I hesitate on the E05 because the circuitry is not as well built as most of Fenix's other lights. I don't know if they had a bad batch or if it was a flaw in the original design.

Here's a link to my thread where this was pointed out to me. Scroll down to post number 13. http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?338157-Tanks-in-Disguise&highlight=
Fenix didn't use enough epoxy on their circuit boards and it led to some trouble down the road.

jdavis

Newly Enlightened
On my keychain, I moved from a maglite solitaire (carried for years) to an E1 (also carried for years), then to an LD01, and now an LD15. It is the smallest AA light I have found. It's a 2 mode light, but it is probalby the closest thing to a AA E05 there is.

flashlight chronic

Enlightened
I never leave the house without either my Nitecore Extreme Infinity, 4Sevens MiNiX or Fenix E11, even during the day. Of the three, I tend to take my E11 more because of the forward clicky, two modes, and good runtime on a single AA (I use Sanyo Eneloops). I don't use any single AAA lights because of the runtime compared to AA.