New JetBeam M1XM in the works...

CSSA

Newly Enlightened
I've had a JetBeam M1XM for a year, like it a lot, and wanted to give one to a friend. Flavio at BOG is out of M1XM flashlights and tells me the model I have is discontinued and a new model is being engineered now. ??? I'm a little surprised that JetBeam would re-work a flashlight that already has 750 lumens, great through, and enough flood to be useful to see where you are walking at the same time. Has anyone heard what the new version is likely to be like?

hazna

Enlightened
I had a jetbeam m1x. I tried two samples but they both had a very loud and annoying inductor whine, had to sell them in the end

Fusion_m8

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey hazna, how loud was the whine on your M1X? I can't hear the whine on my M2S or M1X under normal usage conditions unless I've locked myself in an airtight room.

hazna

Enlightened
It was quite loud, high pitch whine. My partner noticed it as well. If there is lots of background noise, you might not hear it. This is in the jetbeam m1x with the IBS mode. With the brightness level around 0% or 100%, it's not very noticeable. but as you get to around 50%, it's quite prominent