6PXPro vs. Malkoff M61 vs Fury - throw contest

WebHobbit

Enlightened
Unfortunately I didn't have time to try for beam shots tonight and I don't own a Fury....but I did take my 6P with Malkoff M61 out back along with my recently replaced under warranty 6PXPro. My daily EDC for work needs some spill/flood and a pretty good amount of throw. I work in a warehouse that has rack storage (65, 000 locations to be exact!). I routinely have to search for lost merchandise and I need to be able to ID stuff quickly (which means not resorting to using a lift truck)...so I have a pair of binoculars which I use side by side with my flashlight. The rack aisles are pretty dark even when the crappy fluorescent tube lights decide to come on.The racks go up 8 teirs and each teir is about 5 foot high. With my Malkoff M61 I can spot stuff on the 8th level -barely. I been carrying the M61 at work while the 6PXPro was away at Surefire (being replaced due to tail-cap bump mode change bug). I barely remember how the 6PXPro performed in comparison since it's been gone for a few weeks. So I took them in the back yard and aimed them straight up a very tall tree. The results were what I suspected - the 6PXPro seems to throw slightly further...but it does have less spill. For my work specific purposes I think the throw is more important so I may go back to carrying it. But I'm wondering how the Fury would compare. Anyone directly compare them for throw?

af112566

Newly Enlightened
i think the fury would out throw the m61. the m61 is a short- med range floody light the fury from what ive seen is kinda floody but a lot more lumens.if you want throw check out the hound dog xm-l,,very nice!!i think it would light up anything in your warehouse...if you want something for less cash check out the 4 sevens turbo x 123 also very nice spotter.

kyhunter1

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Fury will have the throw and spill you are looking for, not to mention being at-least twice as bright as the other lights mentioned.

kyhunter1

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Houndog will have alot more throw than the others. I think specs are at-least a 1000 feet. The Fury does not even come close to that.

Brasso

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm still waiting for someone to compare the Furry with the Quark Turbo XML.

af112566

Newly Enlightened
the houndog xm-l is very impessive.750 lumens otf with a light orange peel reflector,it puts out a giant smooth bright beam with excellent throw.id says malkoffs spec of 1000 ft may be correct.i can only imagine how much more throw it could get with a smooth reflector though.like i mentioned before the 4sevens turbo x is very,very good.for around $60 bucks it is hard to beat[bright and good throw].you would also be doing yourself a favor by checking out the jetbeam bc40,another great thrower at a good price.[around$70.00]

Brasso

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have an SR-51 for my "big" light. I'm looking more for pocket sized. I have the Quark Turbo and am wondering how it compares to the Fury to see if it's worth getting.

deklan

Newly Enlightened
If you don't mind trying another P60 dropin, I would recommend you have a look at the XPG-R5 from Thrunite. It gives out a nice white beam outhrowing everything that I have in a P60 format so far. Quite cheap too IIRC.

RI Chevy

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you're looking for more throw, get an XR-E and put it in your 6P. Just be sure to get the right voltage.

dmz

Enlightened
You need Surefire TIR lights for throw. Just wait for the SF DM2 to come out. DM2 is like the Fury but has TIR with 500 lm.