SureFire, high price and low lumens

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rasto36620

Newly Enlightened
I was on SureFire's website recently and I noticed that a lot of their lights don't reach over 200 lumens. For their fairly high price and good reputation it's kind of surprising. Other companies I've seen offer 4 times the brightness for a a fraction of the price and still have good quality.

So are other companies exaggerating their light outputs and SureFire is the only one who takes accurate messuments or is SureFires technology just not up to par with other players in the industry and just play off on the whole "tactical" craze to hike up their prices? :shrug:

Last edited:

bkumanski

Enlightened
:welcome: Rasto. This is debated ad nauseum. I recommend using the google search box for CPF above/left and you will find more debate than you can shake a stick at regarding SF vs *any other light here*

TEEJ

Flashaholic
Reader's Digest Version of answer: There are those who value lumens, and there are those who value counting on those lumens. Perhaps some other brands ARE as reliable, and are definitely brighter, but, no one questions if the Surefire is reliable, and if you are betting your life on something working...peace of mind is very important, and people will pay more for that. IE: If your 200 lumen SF turns on and gives you that 200 lumens you were counting on...that's often better than your 600 lumen Mis-Fire NOT coming on, and you getting NO lumens.

:D

Norm

Retired Administrator
CLOSED

There are plenty of existing threads on this subject.

Please use the search function if you wish to explore the topic further. - Norm

Status
Not open for further replies.