March 2012 - Flashlights you have purchased this month

Harry999

Enlightened
I enjoy reading this thread each month so I thought I would start it this month. I have just made some nice purchases which are ones I have been looking forward to for some time and it is my birthday this month so I may also get some more later in the month.

Peak Logan SS 17500 HCRI XP-G with momentary switch and adaptor for CR123, AAA & AA
Peak Eiger SS HCRI with Nichia 119 with 10280 and AAA keychain bodies and a 2xAA SS Eiger body with the momentary switch.

A bunch of Lumens Factory LED modules and drops ins as follows:
Two single mode CW XP-G LED E series heads
One 3V to 3.7V Three mode HCRI LED drop in
One 3.7V to 9V Three mode HCRI LED drop in
One black E modular head unit
One natural E modular head unit

I like`my Surefire E2LAA but would love to make it HCRI - finally decided on using a Lumens Factory drop in which I understand from the HCRI recommendation thread has a nice tint.

vinhnguyen54 emailed me last night to confirm he had modded a Fenix MC11 with a HCRI led. I can't wait to get that light back. Should be the perfect reading and general utility light. Thinking about getting some more MC11s modded soon.

Edit: Forgot about the two Ti clips I have ordered from Prometheus/Dark Sucks for the Eiger & Logan

Last edited:

ChrisGarrett

Flashlight Enthusiast
ZebraLight SC600, which came last Wednesday. The WP2 II charger came Thursday and the two EagleTac 18650s came Saturday.

It's a nifty little light and I'm still fiddling with it. Not a pure thrower, but it's extremely well build and has everything from .2Lm up to 750Lm on turbo for 5 min. and everything in between.

Chris

Lit Up

Flashlight Enthusiast
A 4Sevens Quark Mini AA2 and the brown truck of happiness wil be dropping off a TK50 today.

Harry999

Enlightened
Turns out I made an error in my order from Overready.com. No fault of theirs. I placed the order after two days of being ill and then being awake for 20 hours straight. I actually ordered the following:

Peak Eiger SS HCRI with Nichia 119 with 10280 and AAA keychain bodies and a 2xAA Aluminium Eiger body with the momentary switch.

That annoyed me and I don't want to be unhappy with my birthday present to myself. So I made another visit to Overready.com and ordered the following:

Peak Eiger SS HCRI with XP-G HCRI with a 2xAA SS Eiger body with the momentary switch. I also ordered another Ti clip from Jason at Dark Sucks.

Now looking forward to their arrival.

Thank you to the folks at Overready.com for their patience with me.

Danielight

Enlightened
ITP A3 SS EOS Cree XP-G R5 LED Flashlight "Upgrade Edition." Actually ordered from Shining Beam on Wed, 2/29, received it in the mail on Sat, 3/3.

FrogmanM

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just sent payment today for my second Mako from Muyshondt. I cannot wait to try out the floody beam around HSU!

-Mayo

GeoBruin

Flashlight Enthusiast
Peak Eiger SS Mom QTC High CRI (Nichia 119)
Aluminum Short Body for Peak Eiger
Malkoff M91w
Malkoff M61WLL
Surefire G2

It's been an expensive month... and we're only 9 days in!

GeoBruin

Flashlight Enthusiast
Aluminum or stainless steel, if you ordered a AA body for your Eiger, you're going to be very disappointed with your birthday present. I hope for your birthday happiness that you make a typo or that I misunderstood your post.

Edit: In any case, you are going to LOVE that Nichia 119 Eiger. It has been the only thing in my pocket since receiving it. I would recommend trying it with the 10440 though, as you can't fully appreciate the tint on the output achieved by the NiMH.

Turns out I made an error in my order from Overready.com. No fault of theirs. I placed the order after two days of being ill and then being awake for 20 hours straight. I actually ordered the following:

Peak Eiger SS HCRI with Nichia 119 with 10280 and AAA keychain bodies and a 2xAA Aluminium Eiger body with the momentary switch.

That annoyed me and I don't want to be unhappy with my birthday present to myself. So I made another visit to Overready.com and ordered the following:

Peak Eiger SS HCRI with XP-G HCRI with a 2xAA SS Eiger body with the momentary switch. I also ordered another Ti clip from Jason at Dark Sucks.

Now looking forward to their arrival.

Thank you to the folks at Overready.com for their patience with me.

Last edited:

Harry999

Enlightened
Geobruin,

I seem to be making errors left, right and centre at the moment (sighs wistfully!). :) I've had a horrible cold which just isn't shifting.

It was a 2xAAA and all my Peak lights arrived in the UK this morning. I tend not to use Li-ion cells below RCR123A but I am picking up the beauty of the Nichia led using the 2xAAA cell format using eneloops. I do understand now! I still like the XP-G HCRI which are fitted to my Logan and the other Eiger I have but it is quite clear that the Nichia is a much cooler temperature HCRI than the XP-G but with stunning colour rendition.

I have already decided that I will add the Eiger 2xAAA with the Nichia and momentary switch along with the Logan XP-G HCRI to my daily rotation. The Nichia will be a joy to use during lighting tasks carried out during the day when there is some ambient light around because of that cooler temp.

The Eiger 2xAAA with the XP-G HCRI is attached to a neck lanyard and is being used now as my preferred evening and night light because it can be started at such a low setting because of the QTC in comparison to my Preon 2 HCRI. There is absolutely zero PWM when compared to my modded Jetbeam RRT-O with a HCRI XP-G led.

My only problem now is that I am considering getting a Peak Logan 17500 SS with momentary switch and the cool white XP-G at the end of the month. It should be excellent as a daily EDC with a 14500. I prefer cool white lights in urban environments with ambient light around. There is just something intangible about Peak lights. Thank you Overready for providing them to me. I think this is probably the best Birthday I can ever recall! (With the exception of that cold)

To get the thread back on topic I have also now acquired a Jetbeam Element E3S which is a beautiful SS light. The Peak Logan still seems more solid and versatile but the E3S is quite a nice light. I have acquired a second one to gift to a manager who is leaving my team shortly.

In addition the very skilful vinhnguyen54 has modded that Fenix MC11 to HCRI and it arrived with me today as well as an HCRI ITP A2 SS I purchased from him at marketplace. Fenix should have made that MC11 neutral or warm to begin with. With some DC-FIX diffuser that HCRI MC11 is the preferred reading light. It will also be a great light for camping and walks IMHO.

I also had a Solarforce L2P Special edition arrive from Stienke with a EDC+ CW XM-L 440lumen LED drop in. Way cool light on 18650.

Last edited:

cland72

Flashlight Enthusiast
I also picked up a 47 mini123 HCRI with the sale -- couldn't argue with $30 shipped.

I also snagged these two on eBay for $50 including shipping! Heck of a deal. SF G2 KX4 and a Streamlight Polytac LED

IMAG0211.jpg

Last edited:

Mattaus

Flashlight Enthusiast
A 4Sevens Quark Mini CR2 and a Sunwayman V10r XM-L edition which is being shipped via Precisionworks for some custom machining before I even get my hands on it lol.

Duraflametree

Newly Enlightened
I just purchased a Sunwayman V10r Ti and AA extender tube off of EBay. Should get it by Wednesday, and boy does that seem like an eternity right now.

mauiblue

Newly Enlightened
Mentioned this already on another post but I ordered a Jetbeam RRT-0 this past weekend and it shipped today. Got the belt holster and AA batteries extension tube. Ordered some new RCR123 cells and hopefully get the shipments before the weekend. I want to play with some new toys. :D

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

Tomcat!

Enlightened
Another E2e. They're disappearing from all my usual UK suppliers in keeping with the great Surefire incan extinction. This one's coming from the Netherlands. My others are now all Veleno'ed but I'm keeping this one incan courtesy of my Fivemega socket.