Lux3 grey kit?

tylerdurden

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've been thinking about upgrading my grey kit to a R2x, but I've got a couple of Luxeon III's on the way, and I'm wondering if they'll do any good in the grey kit. Does anyone have any idea how well the Lux III will perform if underdriven? I don't really know much about the circuit in the grey, is it similar to a badboy? How much current does it deliver?

shiftd

Flashlight Enthusiast
i think the grey delivers either 333 mA or 370 smtg mA to the lux, so using lux3 in the grey would not do the lux3 much good. It will be severely overdriven. I think your best bet is to mod your grey and use BB750 if you insist in using your lux 3 inside the grey head.

edit: ups, it should be read underdriven /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

Doug S

Flashlight Enthusiast
The lux III should do well underdriven. BTW, the boards in the ARC greys are easy to modify for increased output by changing one resistor or adding a second one. The stock mounting of the LED on an ARC board has significant thermal resistance so excessive hotrodding may not be a good idea if high efficiency is a consideraton. Removing the white thermal tape under the LED and using a thermal adhesive will be an improvement thermally.