Request help finding a 4Sevend Blue Preon 1 (The old Blue)

Status
Not open for further replies.

wakebrdr142

Newly Enlightened
Hello to all and this will be my first post.

I ordered a 4sevens Preon 1 in blue and I absolutely love the flashlight but the light blue color is just an UGLY blue. I thought it was going to be the Blue that is advertised all over the place and even ordered a blue clicky cap prior to ordering the flashlight. When I got it in I went to their site and realized the new batch came out lighter than normal. Disappointing that 4sevens hasn't figured out the color consistency.

Below is the advertised color that I am looking for. The other pic is my preon in ugly blue with the good blue clicky cap.

So here is what I am needing help with. I would like to find/buy the Preon 1 in the good looking blue. Do any of you know where I can order the Good blue?? Not the new pastel ugly blue?

Thanks for the help.
P1Blue.jpg
2012-03-01_22-12-06_920.jpg

Last edited:

tsask

Flashlight Enthusiast
thanks for the pics
I too have a blue Preon I and like the color. your story is of interest because I am waiting on a blue preon 2 head and tailcap with a yellow bod. the blue is on backorder. Now I know what to expect upon arrival. I may switch my "old" blue preon ONE head & tailcap onto my new yellow preon 2 body.

djans1397

Flashlight Enthusiast
I too would like to buy the OLD blue color for my girlfriend, but the new blue is just fugly! In 4sevens defense though they due state that the new ones were a little lighter than they had planned. I hope the ycan make some new ones soon in the same shade as the old blue color :(

Got Lumens?

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hello to all and this will be my first post.

I ordered a 4sevens Preon 1 in blue and I absolutely love the flashlight but the light blue color is just an UGLY blue. I thought I was going to be the Blue that is advertised all over the place and even ordered a blue clicky cap prior to ordering the flashlight. I am just ticked that it came out in this stupid pastel blue and that 4sevens hasn't figured out the color consistency.

Below is the advertised color that I am looking for. The other pic is my preon in ugly blue with the good blue clicky cap.

So here is what I am needing help with. I would like to find/buy the Preon 1 in the good looking blue. Do any of you know where I can order the Good blue?? Not the new pastel ugly blue?

Thanks for the help
Wakebrdr,
I too don't like the new blue. The only suggestion I have might be to order a spare blue body in hopes that it is the old stock color. Until they sellout and switch to the new branded logo, that wil be all that is available. You might be able to ask 47's CA or PL if they have any old stock in that good blue, otherwise you would need to find a dealer that has the old stock with good blue. Sorry I am not more helpful.
GL

wakebrdr142

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for comments and understanding. This site acts weird as a noob and didn't realize this post made it through. I made another post waiting approval on the same topic so the Mods will have to excuse my ignorance.

I will give 4sevens a call and report back. Maybe I can part one together.

CarpentryHero

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yeah, the first few posts need to be approved before they appear.

4sevens Canada might have what your looking for, how do you like the clicks switch??

wakebrdr142

Newly Enlightened
I will look them up. Thanks for the idea. I love the cap. To me it's the only way to go.

No dice at the 4sevens store. Said they only had the new blue.

Got Lumens?

Flashlight Enthusiast
I will look them up. Thanks for the idea. I love the cap. To me it's the only way to go.

No dice at the 4sevens store. Said they only had the new blue.
I forgot to mention :welcome: Wakebrdr!

4Sevens Store.com, is not the place I was referring to they are a Four Sevens dealer.
http://www.4sevens.com/ the manufacturer, http://www.4sevens.ca/ , and http://www.4sevens.pl/ are they places to check first. Send them an email, and let us know how it goes.
+1 I Love a clicky on the Preon1s
GL

BLUE LED

Flashlight Enthusiast
You can procure this from LED Fire. I like mine (",)
It is also available at flashaholics in the UK

Last edited:

wakebrdr142

Newly Enlightened
BLUE LED,

Will you send me a link to the site. A quick google search turned up all kinds of stuff and this computer won't let me access most of them.

Last edited:

wakebrdr142

Newly Enlightened
Update:
After many leads and lots of phone calls I found one at Survival-Pax. Very nice people, free shipping, received in two days! I think it was the last one..
2012-03-14_12-05-04_869.jpg

Eneloops

Newly Enlightened
All's well that ends well. I'm glad it worked out for you. Now, what are you going to do with the ugly one?

Status
Not open for further replies.