Variable ouptput question

markdeerhunter

Newly Enlightened
Do any flashlight manufacturers make a multiple output that can be graduated on a twisty type ring but have definite click settings? Another thread about variable output made me think of this. I don't really like the thought of twisting and untwisting to change modes. With a clicky you have to click through the different modes, correct? If the adjustment ring had click graduations you could look at your light and know what mode it is in before turning it on. I hope this makes sense. Thanks

TyJo

Flashlight Enthusiast
HDS Rotary is by far the best (IMO), it doesn't have idents in the rotary ring but you can tell where the rotary control ring is and how bright it will be. It has 4 presets that can be programmed to anything and the rotary ring is located next to the rear clicky, easy 1 handed operation. It is the best light I own and the one I carry everyday. Unfortunately, HDS has a big backorder right now.

markdeerhunter

Newly Enlightened
That is the light I want. As soon as tax money comes in I will get on the list.

HDS Rotary is by far the best (IMO), it doesn't have idents in the rotary ring but you can tell where the rotary control ring is and how bright it will be. It has 4 presets that can be programmed to anything and the rotary ring is located next to the rear clicky, easy 1 handed operation. It is the best light I own and the one I carry everyday. Unfortunately, HDS has a big backorder right now.