EX11.2 - Has Nitecore Solved The Problems With This Piston Drive Light?

Torchaddict

Newly Enlightened
Loving the PD concept, but not loving the quality control issues. It's been almost a year since the EX11.2 came out and I was wondering if the parasitic drain issue has been solved along with QC (lights DOA, not working after a few months, finicky to turn off, etc). I know that Nitecore advertised that the drain has been fixed, but some fellow CPFers measured that the drain was the same as in the previous models (6-7mA I think). Also, does anyone kniw wether Nitecore will update the EX11 to XML soon? It's been awhile.

Thanks

duro

Enlightened
The light itself has always been fine. Parasitic drain was fixed with version 2. I think 95 percent of the problems people have here with the switch are user error. I have the E11v2 and D11v2 and haven't had one single problem with the operation of the switch, or the light itself.

Rokron

Newly Enlightened
I agree with duro on the user error with the switch. The EX11.2 is a great little light but it does have a rather complex UI and one has to fully understand it's use. The EX was my work EDC but after awhile I found that I needed a light with a simpler UI so I went with a Sunwayman V10R. The EX is now my ECD in the ash tray of my Dodge 2500.

Torchaddict

Newly Enlightened
OK, I see that there were two V2's out (one with "V2" stamped on the opposite side of EX name plate and one with "Smart PD EX11 v.2 R5" all on one side). They fixed the drain on the "Smart PD EX11 v.2 R5" version of the light. I'm still concerned about the UI though. I want a light that gives me consistent operation, but a lot of threads here make it seem like the D11/EX11 are still finicky even in their V2 state.

apagogeas

Enlightened
Same feeling here. I have the D11.2 with v2 printed along the text and I have absolutely no problems with it after 1 month of use. The switch is a bit stiff however due to the internal spring. To ease that a bit, don't screw very tightly the head and perhaps this will get soften over time. The UI might seem complicated at first but once get used to it, its amazing.

Zeruel

Flashlight Enthusiast
From my experience, I didn't encounter any drain. But there are other problems with the V2 series. I think it's the tradition of Nitecore PD series to produce hits and misses.