Fenix PD32 just arrived!

chuckg

Newly Enlightened
Long time lurker that's had LED Maglites for most of my life, ordered a PD32 after seeing some reviews on the site.

Wow!! It easily blows away my 2 and 3 cell LED Maglites and is SO much easier to carry. I liked it so much, I ordered an LD12 to have as a backup. I'm really happy with the hot spot on it and am looking forward to other member recommendations for others to look at for future purchases.

I can easily see myself becoming a "collector". :)

buds224

Enlightened

You've been bit by the bug. Welcome to the community! I too have a PD32 and love it. I would like to toss my hat in and add the Jetbeam ST Cycler as a good walking/biking light. It has a medium mode that beacons to turbo intermittently. More flood than the PD32, so it will do well to supplement your future collection. I started with all tight beamed lights with awesome throw, then realized they were too tight for casual walks at night (awesome for searching at night, but not for walks where peripheral lighting is a plus).

Again, welcome!

my#1hobby

Enlightened
A buddy of mine has a PD32 that he carries 24/7 and when he showed it to me, I was blown away by how bright that little thing was. Great buy!

roadkill1109

Flashlight Enthusiast
Long time lurker that's had LED Maglites for most of my life, ordered a PD32 after seeing some reviews on the site.

Wow!! It easily blows away my 2 and 3 cell LED Maglites and is SO much easier to carry. I liked it so much, I ordered an LD12 to have as a backup. I'm really happy with the hot spot on it and am looking forward to other member recommendations for others to look at for future purchases.

Haha! Fenix collector eh? :) Try the TK21 U2! Also TK70 TK41 as well! :)

If you want to check out other brands, try Sunwayman T20CS and the T40CS. You may also want their small EDCs such as the V10R and the V10A.

Other brands like Jetbeam, Nitecore, Thrunite and so much more! :)

Camaroman_99

Newly Enlightened
^ Congrats, First time poster here.. .. recently joined up. I have a PD30 that I like so far!

chuckg

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the replies and the welcome! I'll definitely be checking out the recommendations and adding to my collection. :)

I couldn't help myself last night. I had to "test" out the light in every room and lighting situation - I'm sure I drove my wife (and neighbors) nuts! I'm pretty sure this is going to be my EDC. I wear cargo pants to work (computer geek), so I won't have any issues with the size. Then again, IMHO, the PD32 isn't bulky at all. Once the LD12 arrives (should be Thursday), I'll give my impressions of it as well.

To clarify and understand further, the PD32 is more of a "thrower" than a "flood", right? (Thrower being more of a concentrated beam - if I understand correctly)

Thanks again for the welcome, all!
Chuck

buds224

Enlightened
Thanks for the replies and the welcome! I'll definitely be checking out the recommendations and adding to my collection. :)

I couldn't help myself last night. I had to "test" out the light in every room and lighting situation - I'm sure I drove my wife (and neighbors) nuts! I'm pretty sure this is going to be my EDC. I wear cargo pants to work (computer geek), so I won't have any issues with the size. Then again, IMHO, the PD32 isn't bulky at all. Once the LD12 arrives (should be Thursday), I'll give my impressions of it as well.

To clarify and understand further, the PD32 is more of a "thrower" than a "flood", right? (Thrower being more of a concentrated beam - if I understand correctly)

Thanks again for the welcome, all!
Chuck

Compared to my other lights, just my personal opinion, it has a good balance of both. I have a TA21 that has less lumens, but throws much farther, with a tighter beam. The PD32 has that nice balance of decent throw and good spill.

anjari_br

Newly Enlightened
06032012522.jpg

Arrived today...

benzology

Newly Enlightened
Nice little light that...

I have a few Fenix lights and they have served me well - I specifically like the TK21

Labrador72

Flashlight Enthusiast
Congrats Bro! I'm deliberating between that one or the XT2C. :)
Tough choice man: have been making my mind up and decided for the XT2C - mostly because I have a XT1A.
I want to stick to the same UI for the time being before the bug hits me and I move on to the LD12, LD22, PD32.
My girlfriend will divorce me if she sees more flashligths around the house...

chuckg

Newly Enlightened
Tough choice man: have been making my mind up and decided for the XT2C - mostly because I have a XT1A.
I want to stick to the same UI for the time being before the bug hits me and I move on to the LD12, LD22, PD32.

*Please* check back in when you get it! I'm still debating on whether I want to get the XT2C.

CyberCT

Enlightened
I have the PD31 which is very similar to the PD32 and have to say, it's an excellent light! The brightness vs compactness can't be beat on an 18650. I modded my PD31 with a neutral XPG-R5, now it's even more pleasing to take walking at night! The mod was pretty easy too if you ever muster up the courage.

chuckg

Newly Enlightened
I have the PD31 which is very similar to the PD32 and have to say, it's an excellent light! The brightness vs compactness can't be beat on an 18650. I modded my PD31 with a neutral XPG-R5, now it's even more pleasing to take walking at night! The mod was pretty easy too if you ever muster up the courage.

oh god... Modding.. I hadn't thought of that with these. My soldering is awful! Do people do "modding services" here?

Chevy-SS

Enlightened

Me too with a PD31. I modded mine with a momentary forward-clicky switch (getting rid of the awful reverse clicky), and that made the PD31 into a terrific single-18650 EDC light.

I was hoping the PD32 would have been driven harder - to maybe 500 lumens. But PD32 still seems good. Fenix is making some good stuff........

-

chuckg

Newly Enlightened
Me too with a PD31. I modded mine with a momentary forward-clicky switch (getting rid of the awful reverse clicky), and that made the PD31 into a terrific single-18650 EDC light.

I was hoping the PD32 would have been driven harder - to maybe 500 lumens. But PD32 still seems good. Fenix is making some good stuff........

-

For me, I'm thrilled with the PD32. I think the only gripe I have is the forward clicky sticking out too far so that I can't tailstand the light. It's such a minor inconvenience to me that I overlook it. Granted, I'm still *really* new to this addiction, so take it with a grain of salt. :)

regulation

Newly Enlightened
-

Hi Chevy, how did you keep the mode changing function after you modded the reverse clicky?
I don;t think I would try this if I should give up the mode changing function.

roadkill1109

Flashlight Enthusiast

Hahaha! You should have your lights delivered to the office, then hide them around the house so she wont see 'em. That's what I do with my wife. Heheh... I recently sneaked in a big Crelant 7G5, and she didnt even know it was a a new light i had just purchased! hahah! Women never really understand why we need these lights! To them, all flashlights as the same. But we know better, right guys? Haha!

Anyhow, regarding the Klarus XT2C, I really love the interface of the Klarus lights, but I'm not a big fan of the PWM, I do own some lights that have low pwm, but i dont use them, i just have them coz i collect lights. That said, i might as well pull the trigger on the XT2C, its a great EDC, plus it shares the same interface as the popular XT10 and now XT11!