zebralight question

af112566

Newly Enlightened
do all zebralights come on high first?? or do the remember the last setting you were on??

reppans

Flashlight Enthusiast
Comes on either high or low, depending upon how long you hold the reverse clicky down. <0.5 sec. = high, >0.5 sec. = low. Hold for 1 sec. and it will cycle through to low to get to medium.

Then within each of L/M/H, you can set one of two choices into memory, which it will come back to. For H you can actually also call-up a hidden strobe, so actually one of three modes.

af112566

Newly Enlightened
i think i double posted,,sorry. thanks for the answer. im looking to get my first zebralight any suggestions? i dont care about battery type,just want to get the best all around model...

CarpentryHero

Flashlight Enthusiast
What type of beam and tint you want?
The best all rounder is the Sc600W or the Sc51c in my opinion if you like warmer tints.
I have the Sc600, as I like using an 18650

Oh and I believe it's a digital switch not a reverse clickie but it handles a similar way ;)

Last edited:

nanucq

Newly Enlightened
Zebralight UI is brilliant, it could seem complicated, but it's very simple IRL.
Here is the flow chart for a sc600:
pcqxNK

source: http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?314048-ZebraLight-SC600/page52

reppans

Flashlight Enthusiast
^^ :laughing:

I like 1xAA - just use your night vision eyes when you can and the single AA ZLs with their excellent choice of low modes will last a long, long time.

I like the "H" series as 90 degree angle lights w/clips just give you so many hands-free use options over traditional flashlights, without any significant disadvantages.... and you don't even need to use the included headbands.

I like the warmer tint of the "w" as well - renders colors naturally.

So... H51w for me.

Scubie67

Enlightened
The "real" Zebralight question is "What happened to the Q50"?....:shakehead

TyJo

Flashlight Enthusiast
I like my SC600w, I have a SC80w on the way too (it can use AAs or 123s, and li-ion variants).

kkeyser

Newly Enlightened
do all zebralights come on high first?? or do the remember the last setting you were on??

I have the h51 and you can turn it on in low, medium or high. It does not remember the last setting you had it on. Most think it can only do low and high from being off, but if you double click, you go straight to medium.

Low is a hold button down.
Medium is a double click.
High is a normal click.

I think it's a great little headlamp, but I am waiting/hoping zebralight puts out an xml that can use both aa as well as take full advantage of a 14500 li-on. Like carpentryhero stated, it will obviously come out in juvember...the mystery is which year? I am hoping that when they do, it will be within this decade.

As far as recommendations, I don't have an sc600, but apparently everybody who does just loves it. The h600 seems to have a few fans as well. Both are 18650 lights and I am trying to stay away from them because if I get into single 18650 lights, I will undoubtedly start looking at multi 18650 lights and then...

HotWire

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have the Zebralight SC600 and I love it. I carry it around the house all the time! You can turn it on low or high depending on how you use the electronic switch. A wonderful light!

fyrstormer

Banned
I never was a fan of Morse-Code user interfaces. If the threadstarter is open to suggestions, the Jetbeam RRT-0 has a brightness control ring that you can simply turn up or down to pre-set the brightness before hitting the on/off switch. Much more intuitive than tap-dancing on the switch to get the brightness you want.

TyJo

Flashlight Enthusiast
I never was a fan of Morse-Code user interfaces. If the threadstarter is open to suggestions, the Jetbeam RRT-0 has a brightness control ring that you can simply turn up or down to pre-set the brightness before hitting the on/off switch. Much more intuitive than tap-dancing on the switch to get the brightness you want.
I don't know how to tap dance or use Morse-Code, but I was an expert at operating my Zebralight in less than a minute if that helps the OP. It is a pretty simple, electronic UI that many love, including me. I only consider the HDS UI as being possibly superior. I have found that I prefer a light that can go from low light (~0.1 lumen or lower) and provide serious lumens (100 lumens or greater).

Electronic UI's provide that flexibility with the press of a switch, other UI's are less efficient and cumbersome. I have no experience with Jetbeam because of their quality control issues that I have read about, but if the OP is interested in a control ring I recommend the HDS Rotary, I EDC it everyday.

af112566

Newly Enlightened
thanks everyone.im liking the sc600 zebralight,it has lo lows and the super high turbo.this might be the one i get!!

Flashlight Enthusiast
that is a nasty flow chart but accurate
---

it is a 3 mode light, and each mode has a secondary level underneath it, accessed by quick double-click.
so it really has 6 modes.
and one of those modes (high) has a programmable set of secondary levels
the secondary level underneath high mode is programmable.

click fast and release - high mode at the last level used

click and hold for just a moment - low mode at last level used

double-click in any mode, get the secondary level of that mode

press and hold button, it scrolls through low-medium-high

while in high mode, double-click fast will go between high and secondary level, and if you
do this repeatedly 6 times, it then starts to scroll through the high secondary optional levels
stop to set the high secondary level

click - off

Latest posts