how to transfer bulb from flange base to screw base (E10)?

robostudent5000

Enlightened
i tried searching and couldn't find a clear answer. how do you transfer a pr bulb from a flange base to a screw base?

so far i know it involves melting the glue that holds the bulb in the base and doing some soldering. but can anyone explain it in more detail?

pardon me if this is the wrong place to post this, i wasn't sure where to ask.

HotWire

Flashlight Enthusiast
It might be easier/cheaper to find a screw base bulb that would meet your needs. It sounds possible, but tricky.

robostudent5000

Enlightened
i want to transfer a kpr113 to a screw base. maybe i'm looking in the wrong places, but i haven't found an economical screw base bulb with those specs. i know that folks have done that transfer successfully. just hoping one of those folks can enlighten me.

Dr Jekell

Enlightened
You can't do that with an incandescent as they are usually filled with an inert gas.

If you try it you will more than likely find that the bulb will burn out almost immediately.

snakebite

Flashlight Enthusiast
i desolder the bottom contact to open the hole on the 2 bulbs.squirt some carb cleaner into the cap for its can and soak the bulbs.once the base cement softens you can do the swap.
a dab of rtv will secure the bulb in the new base after you solder the lead to the shell.
try to maintain the filiment height so fixed focus lights work right.

robostudent5000

Enlightened
i desolder the bottom contact to open the hole on the 2 bulbs.squirt some carb cleaner into the cap for its can and soak the bulbs.once the base cement softens you can do the swap.
a dab of rtv will secure the bulb in the new base after you solder the lead to the shell.
try to maintain the filiment height so fixed focus lights work right.

thank you. i am much obliged.

that was exactly what i was asking for.