Testing new EXTECH SDL400 with RRT-3xml

Karl666

Newly Enlightened
Hi,

Received my SDL400 light meter yesterday and had a quick play. This is a chart of my RRT-3xml running on the supplied JetBeam 2300Mah batteries. They were not fully charged to start with (approx 90%) but I still managed about 1.5 hours on the 1200 lumen setting. The output was fairly flat for the entire duration.

Karl.

EDIT : Looks like the image is not showing. I linked from flickr but it seems not to show. Seems it only shows if I l'm logged into my flickr account. not sure how to make it public ? oh well..

6816709042_49b2990810_b.jpg

Last edited:

Karl666

Newly Enlightened
They do have protection but not sure when it kicks in. I must have been close because the 3 batteries actually measured the following voltages

3.08 Volts
3.1 Volts
3.3 Volts

By the way - were you able to see the graph ? Did you have to sign in to flickr to view it ?

Karl.

candle lamp

Flashlight Enthusiast
Looks very nice plot. Thanks for the posting. Karl666!

I can see the above cool graph you've linked.

What program or software did you use to make the above graph? (Did you use the optional software kit comes with SDL400?)

Karl666

Newly Enlightened
Looks very nice plot. Thanks for the posting. Karl666!

I can see the above cool graph you've linked.

What program or software did you use to make the above graph? (Did you use the optional software kit comes with SDL400?)

Hi,

The SDL400 datalogs to an SD card and writes an Excel file with the results. If there are more than 30,000 lines it will automatically create another spread sheet for you.
All you need to do is take the xls spread sheets off the SD card, insert a graph & point the graphs data set to the columns you want to display.:)

I was supprised how well it held its output for almost 1.5 hours

Karl.

Karl666

Newly Enlightened
does anyone know if the AW3100 or AW2900 will fit in the RRT-3XML ?

I'm a bit worried about the diameter of theses batteries because the Jetbeam 2300, that were supplied with the torch, are a real tight fit.

candle lamp

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi,

The SDL400 datalogs to an SD card and writes an Excel file with the results. If there are more than 30,000 lines it will automatically create another spread sheet for you.
All you need to do is take the xls spread sheets off the SD card, insert a graph & point the graphs data set to the columns you want to display.:)

I was supprised how well it held its output for almost 1.5 hours

Karl.

Wow. SDL400 is very powerful datalogger! :thumbsup:
Thanks a lot for your detailed reply. Karl!