Compact Throwers, What Do You Have? And whats your Application?

Phireglass

Newly Enlightened
Well folks right now i have a bored out SF (originally 6PD) with a lumensfactory C to M adapter with a M3 head with a Nailbender XM-L drop in, it does not throw too well but im looking for suggestions, my current thrower is an Olight M3X but im looking for a compact thrower for the specific application on an AR-15, the M3X throws but i want a lightweight alternative

Last edited:

roadkill1109

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well folks right now i have a bored out SF (originally 6PD) with a lumensfactory C to M adapter with a M3 head with a Nailbender XM-L drop in, it does not throw too well but im looking for suggestions, my current thrower is an Olight M3X but im looking for a compact thrower for the specific application on an AR-15, the M3X throws but i want a lightweight alternatice

Here are your choices:

1. DEFT EDC (best)
2. Dereelight Javelin with C2H body (better)
3. Lumintop L1C/P1C (good)

reppans

Flashlight Enthusiast
I would stick to a dedicated firearm light with dual springs at both ends of the battery to handle the recoil without flickering.

TEEJ

Flashaholic
I would stick to a dedicated firearm light with dual springs at both ends of the battery to handle the recoil without flickering.

The Klarus XT11 has the dual battery coils and is meant to deal with recoil, and its pressure switch if you use one is one of the only ones that also allows changing modes in addition to the common/std on/off...IE: You could make it brighter or dimmer, or hit the strobe if you wanted to....but its default is to come on in HIGH, no matter what it was on before, etc.

The DEFT edc LR has even more throw than the DEFT edc, and its effect on a target is akin to them seeing a laser dot appear on their center of mass. :devil:

yifu

Enlightened
New pricing structure(cheaper) and even more powerful lights will be going up on my store very shortly. :) And as reppans mentioned a gun light does need dual springs which my lights do have.
How long is "very shortly"? Very excited if a new DEFT (with 18650 as promised) is released with LR tech!

Phireglass

Newly Enlightened
Ok guys i finally got my perfect AR thrower!!! I went with a Solarforce L2T with the M3 head, then i sent it out to Vinh Nguyen who put a dedomed XM-L2 6500k in there i did the 2 mode hi and med so i dont blind myself if im close to a target i havnt had a chance to take beam shots but damn does this thing throw!!! Easily makes it to 400yards when i get the chance il post up some throw pics but the beam is tight and runtime is about 1hr 20min give or take and the construction is awesome Vinh does some great work heres a pic of the light and the light on the AR btw its a S&W M&P15 with a Daniel Defense FSP 12 rail with a Battlecomp 2.0 on the end :)
opwksHi.jpg

AMKf0xZ.jpg

holylight

Enlightened
Ok guys i finally got my perfect AR thrower!!! I went with a Solarforce L2T with the M3 head, then i sent it out to Vinh Nguyen who put a dedomed XM-L2 6500k in there i did the 2 mode hi and med so i dont blind myself if im close to a target i havnt had a chance to take beam shots but damn does this thing throw!!! Easily makes it to 400yards when i get the chance il post up some throw pics but the beam is tight and runtime is about 1hr 20min give or take and the construction is awesome Vinh does some great work heres a pic of the light and the light on the AR btw its a S&W M&P15 with a Daniel Defense FSP 12 rail with a Battlecomp 2.0 on the end :)
opwksHi.jpg

AMKf0xZ.jpg

How is m3x compare with m3 head, regards to throw and flood?

Nice m3 u got.

Phireglass

Newly Enlightened
Honestly the modded M3 is brighter and maybe only loses by 10% in terms of throw. I gotta say it does out throw my solarforce M9. The Olight M3X performs just a little better because of the reflector but considering the size and runtime my modded M3 is just amazing. That and i can actually put it on my gun without looking like a goon with a gigantic light on my gun weighing me down. Only thing is i wish i had a greater flexibility in power sources, i had 2 choices, a brighter 18650 only or (2) 18650s. I chose to do 4.5amp single 18650 but its gotta be pushin 1200-1500 lumens.

holylight

Enlightened
Thanks! M3x is indeed very impressive from the photo shots I saw from selfbuild. From what I see it is even brighter than armytek barracuda. Anyway I just order a tn31 after much consideration.

rayman

Flashlight Enthusiast
My thrower at the moment is a 3C Maglite modded with a XR-E R2 with an EZ900 chip and an aspherical lens ;). I modded it to be used with a single 18650. That's all in all a pretty compact thrower.

rayman

LightOnAHill

Newly Enlightened
I like the quark turbo X formy carry with a AA body and a 14500

the maelstrom is a good weapon gun, I have one of those I mount on my ar15.