Which type of flashlight do you prefer as EDC on keychain??

EDC Keychain AAA or AA

• AAA - Fits well and unobstrusive in pockets

Votes: 87 84.5%
  • AA - More runtime, more modes

Votes: 16 15.5%

• Total voters

archimedes

Flashaholic
AAA format or AA format?? Been bugging me. AA provides more options/runtime as opposed to AAA but AAA fits better in pockets??

Your thoughts guys?

For me, even AAA is larger than I would prefer for a true "keychain" light - I'd rather use 10180 or N-cell format (or button/coin cells).

As for "pocket" torches, that opens up most of the compact single-cell formats (AAA, AA, CR123A) - but my preference here is for R/CR2 ....

Enzo

Newly Enlightened
Preon ReVo on one keychain, a single no-name button cell on the other keychain and always a preon 2 high cri in the pants or pen pocket.

JerryM

Flashlight Enthusiast
Even the AAA is larger than I use on my keychain. I could do so, but the AA is too large for me.
Jerry

gollum

Enlightened
I use a draco
takes the 10280 size Li-ion
I also have an IlluminaTi
or ITP A3 they run the 10440 or AAA
you can get 3 stage or just plain bright as the sun on the Li-ion
1.5v is still pretty good though

it doesn't hurt to have lots of button lights around
they can be had at (DX) 10 for $5
keep them in your bag
on your zippers
car
by the door ,garage,nightstand,dunny
anywhere you might bump into something at night
I also give them to friends and family
they could save a life
one of mine gifted to a mate saved him in the floods
it kept working underwater for 2 hours he said

check the reviews here aswell on small lights

gravelrash

Enlightened
My only experience is with the Klarus Mi X6 Ti. It is AAA, light, nice looking, 80 claimed lumens. I can recommend it but remember my limited experience. I don't believe I would like an AA light as it would be quite a bit bigger.

GunnarGG

Enlightened
Streamlight Nano on keychain
AAA light in jeanspocket
1xAA, 1xCR123 or 2xCR123 for jacket pocket

jorgen

Enlightened
My primary requirement for an EDC is that it be under 4 inches, multi-mode with a low of 1 lumen or less. That pretty much limits me to Peak QTCs, Thrunite Ti, Sunwayman V10. I will also try a 4sevens PO one of these days.

reppans

Flashlight Enthusiast
I typically EDC a 4Sevens Quark AA, and a Preon Revo AAA as a back-up on a key-chain. For single light carry, I also like my key-chainable QuarkMiniAA, but the stats on the Revo are nearly as good (lumens/runtime) so either suffices.

My primary requirement for an EDC is that it be under 4 inches, multi-mode with a low of 1 lumen or less. That pretty much limits me to Peak QTCs, Thrunite Ti, Sunwayman V10. I will also try a 4sevens PO one of these days.

Those are my top requirements too... although if you include a SWM V10 in there, wouldn't the T10, Quarks and Zebralights also qualify?

powernoodle

Flashlight Enthusiast
My keychain light is a backup to my primary belt carry EDC light, and a backup to my smart phone light. Its a "trapped in an elevator and need a long runtime" light. So I go with a Fenix E01. I'm also a minimalist, so it all works together.

tremor.jpg

think2x

Flashlight Enthusiast
Of the choices I had to choose AAA. My wife carries an ITP A3 SS on her keys and it's a great light. My daughter has a Thrunite Ti/firefly on her house key (also a very good light) I have three sets of keys, Outback keys have an Inova microlight red, Magnum keys have a Zebralight SC30w that I made a SS lanyard attachment for to replace the clip and FINALLY.........my personal favorite keychain light is my Nitecore EZ CR2w on my GTA keys.

z17813

Newly Enlightened
I have a few AA lights that see fairly regular use (mostly peaks with clips) but for the keychain AAA is the biggest I'll use. At the moment the ThruNite Ti is the one that sees the most use.

Danielight

Enlightened
I have an ITP A3 EOS SS Cree XP-G R5, which runs on one AAA. Very convenient as an EDC.