Finally got the courage to use a surefire light....

Ian2381

Enlightened
It's been a while since I started a thread in CPF, I just felt appropriate to post this one.
A few years ago got a surefire Z2(Old model) from my uncle that lives in the US and ever since it resides in my Shelf on display as I'm afraid of losing the light as its my one and only surefire, to think it is really old and is a user light. It's just that whenever I really like something I tend to just keep it on a shelf and won't use it and settle for my more budget oriented lights as my EDC. Been thinking of getting another surefire but I'm in a tough time financially(for almost a year) and sold majority of my good lights that I accumulated this past few years including my AA light collection. But in this way I'm still able to buy a new light even at the expense of my other lights. Just this year I finally decided that I should get something better, something that will make me not buy a new light for the time being, so I decided to get a Surefire C2 bored as my EDC. I could not be any happier. Surefire ergonomics is untouchable. I think this will be my last light for a while.:wave:

Will upgrade this with a McClicky switch when budget permits, maybe in a few months.:thumbsup:

419010_2562811644627_1684182208_1734475_1363737589_n.jpg

enomosiki

Flashlight Enthusiast
You should bling it out, like I did for my black C2.

c2_centurion_bling.jpg

Cryos cooling head, Xeno crenulated bezel, Triad tail, McClicky softpress, stainless steel belt clip.

I currently have a Solarforce LC-XPG 1-mode in it, which is one of the best throwing XP-G P60 drop-ins available. I'm planning to switch it to a Malkoff for the ultimate reliability, although I'm also considering more extreme ones, as well. A quad-XP-G drop-in with that cooling head would be... Glorious.

Ian2381

Enlightened
You should bling it out, like I did for my black C2.

c2_centurion_bling.jpg

Cryos cooling head, Xeno crenulated bezel, Triad tail, McClicky softpress, stainless steel belt clip.

I currently have a Solarforce LC-XPG 1-mode in it, which is one of the best throwing XP-G P60 drop-ins available. I'm planning to switch it to a Malkoff for the ultimate reliability, although I'm also considering more extreme ones, as well. A quad-XP-G drop-in with that cooling head would be... Glorious.

Wow, That's a really cool setup.:thumbsup:

novice

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ian2381,
You made an excellent choice! One of the most rugged Surefire models there is, with an 'open' architecture that is being phased out, and the boring makes it even more versatile. My C2 is a host for my cherished Malkoff M60w.

angelofwar

Flashlight Enthusiast
Congrats...on seeing the light! You may try/sample/goof off with other lights, but you will never go back.

jamesmtl514

Flashlight Enthusiast
I loved carrying my C2. It's a fantastic light with limitless options and potential.

Just don't go overboard and make it such that you wont want to carry it again.
(like I did by putting a KT turbohead, Det ring extender and clicky tail and running a MN60 off 3 IMR 1630 batteries)
Now it's too fancy and big for me to carry.

Tempest UK

Flashlight Enthusiast
You've got to use 'em! SureFires are built to take a beating, so feel free to beat the snot out of it. They just plain don't look right until they're got a few character marks, anyway.

skyfire

Flashlight Enthusiast
the bronze/gold bezel you have on your C2 would match great with a malkoff dropin!

your C2 will serve you a lifetime, and since it was a present, you probably wont ever sell it. once you break it in, it will serve you even better.

whenever myself or anybody in my family needs a light for work or anything, its always a surefire, with a malkoff in it.

T45

Enlightened
You've got to use 'em! SureFires are built to take a beating, so feel free to beat the snot out of it. They just plain don't look right until they're got a few character marks, anyway.

True enough, and by the way, that's a very nice looking lanyard you have to go with your Surefire. Not like some of the dog ugly ones I have seen around here.....you know who you are.

Ian2381

Enlightened
the bronze/gold bezel you have on your C2 would match great with a malkoff dropin!

Would love to get a Malkoff but that's a bit expensive and would also like to get a mcclicky kit installed. probably those could wait as I'm satisfied with the light as is.

Looking forward to the abuse this light would face in the coming years.

True enough, and by the way, that's a very nice looking lanyard you have to go with your Surefire.

Thanks, This is the first time I made a lanyard and this C2 made me do it the 1st day it arrived. :wave:

There's no turning back indeed.:thumbsup:

diggumsmack2

Newly Enlightened
Awesome, I really like your long style lanyard. My only two sense to add would be to 86 that round cordlock your sporting and go with a 35I GTSP ITW Nexus cordlock:

KGrHqQOKkE59vbnVsBOl0itPJt60_12.jpg

But in the color of your choosing of course. I love these little units, they have a textured top and lots of little uniuqe features. You can score'em on the Ebay: Item number: 370550674529

It's been a while since I started a thread in CPF, I just felt appropriate to post this one.
A few years ago got a surefire Z2(Old model) from my uncle that lives in the US and ever since it resides in my Shelf on display as I'm afraid of losing the light as its my one and only surefire, to think it is really old and is a user light. It's just that whenever I really like something I tend to just keep it on a shelf and won't use it and settle for my more budget oriented lights as my EDC. Been thinking of getting another surefire but I'm in a tough time financially(for almost a year) and sold majority of my good lights that I accumulated this past few years including my AA light collection. But in this way I'm still able to buy a new light even at the expense of my other lights. Just this year I finally decided that I should get something better, something that will make me not buy a new light for the time being, so I decided to get a Surefire C2 bored as my EDC. I could not be any happier. Surefire ergonomics is untouchable. I think this will be my last light for a while.:wave:

Will upgrade this with a McClicky switch when budget permits, maybe in a few months.:thumbsup:

419010_2562811644627_1684182208_1734475_1363737589_n.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

TEEJ

Flashaholic
Surfires are like dogs, if you don't let them out to romp around, they get depressed.

Then you have sad Surefires.

Is THAT what you want?

I didn't THINK so....you better go play outside with it so it knows you love it.

:thumbsup:

yifu

Enlightened
Congrats on getting a C2 (from bugsy714 i assume?)! Surefire hosts are the best in quality and ergonomics! A McClicky kit is only, what 15 dollars from lighthound? Why save a few months? Get the best clicky mechanism now!

jamesmtl514

Flashlight Enthusiast
Congrats on getting a C2 (from bugsy714 i assume?)! Surefire hosts are the best in quality and ergonomics! A McClicky kit is only, what 15 dollars from lighthound? Why save a few months? Get the best clicky mechanism now!
another reason why one should abandon all hope when joining our fine site.

or keep the wallet WAY out of reach!

Tana

Flashlight Enthusiast
Good choice... C2 for EDC is great as it has that charm with it. I'm EDCing C2 as well, currently with EDC+ X60L module on 1x18650 battery setup.

McClicky is a must with this setup, IMHO. Don't worry about getting character marks on your Surefires, they are made to be used.

Ian2381

Enlightened

Yeah from Bugzy, one of the friendliest seller on CPF, really a great guy. I know a McClicky is a must but I'm really out of funds as I'm on a tough time financially, will probably get one as the funds permit. Its already out of stock from light hound and shipping is very expensive.

This C2 will definitely going to be a User. Will be getting pix of my C2 on my Hiking trips.:wave:

jalcon

Newly Enlightened
That's a sharp looking light you have there. Since I'm a complete flashlight newb, would you be so kind listing each part of that light from top to bottom in detail? Thanks in advance. (if you do as choose to accept your mission)

Ian2381

Enlightened
That's a sharp looking light you have there. Since I'm a complete flashlight newb, would you be so kind listing each part of that light from top to bottom in detail? Thanks in advance. (if you do as choose to accept your mission)

:wave:

426351_2575567363512_1684182208_1739691_1576218379_n.jpg