Cree light with stun gun

rickypanecatyl

Enlightened
I was at a store in Thailand last week and was checking out their flashlight section. They had a "Police" brand flashlight 1101 with attached stun gun. I got it as my Thrunite scorpion had finally given up the ghost completely after suffering EMS (eratic mode switching) for the past 2 months.

It's obviously a low quality piece of junk; advertises 150 lumens and is probably about 40. The stun gun part is hit and miss (I did manage to get a coach roach and some ants with it) but it makes you wonder if a quality, reliable version would be useful.

DSCN1798.jpg

DSCN1800.jpg

I actually had the light with me at a pharmacy last night where I was robbed with a sword! No kidding - I'm there getting some flu medicine and a guy walks in the pharmacy with a limp and a motorcycle helmet on and the visor down covering his face. He pulls a sword out of his pants, holds it to my neck and robs the till and me as well.
He never would have got that far with me except a.) I thought it was a friend pulling a joke on me and b.) I was fluish and out of it.

FWIW though I debated wether to cooperate and give him my money or wrestle the sword from him at no point did it cross my mind that my flashlight with possibly working stun gun on it was an asset :).

JulianP

Enlightened
You have my sympathy. I'm sure I would have also just handed the money over, as it just isn't worth it. Plus, you don't want to find out that the stun gun doesn't work.

Look at it this way: He is still who he is, and when you look at the big picture, that is punishment enough.

rickypanecatyl

Enlightened
Thanks for the sympathy Julian! Probably the worst of the experience is the 2nd guessing afterwards - "did I do the right thing?"

He was a pretty nice robber in that he told me I could keep my wallet and the lady behind the counter who had an expensive phone he wouldn't take her phone.
The part I kick myself on is I just found out from the police today that 1/2 hour after they robbed that pharmacy they robbed another one with 4 customers in it. They hurt one guy pretty bad, and the next time DID take phones, wallets, credit cards and even jewlerry, wedding rings etc.
My immiediate thought when I heard that was me doing nothing and just letting him rob us emboldened him and a partner he had on a motorcycle outside to be more aggressive the next time.

flashlight nut

Enlightened
I don't know you but don't feel bad. By not acting noone got hurt during your robbery. Maybe in the second robbery someone tried to fight back.

CarpentryHero

Flashlight Enthusiast
Karma will get the sword wielder in the end (in prison his rear end will be sore)

Glad your okay