Fenix 257lm 3xAA stubby?

Ualnosaj

Enlightened
hidcanada20120309232337.jpg

Looks like the illegitimate child of a few Fenix lights that come to mind! :)

EDIT: Yes, it's a 3 x AA not 3 x AAA...

Last edited by a moderator:

CarpentryHero

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Fenix 257lm 3xAAA stubby?

Looks sharp, I'd be tempted. hopefully my local dealer gets these soon, I'd like to see how this feels in the hand

Ualnosaj

Enlightened

Looks sharp, I'd be tempted. hopefully my local dealer gets these soon, I'd like to see how this feels in the hand

I'm intrigued too. No ETA unfortunately. That lens is interesting... almost TIR like but it's focusable. Neat.

bon1

Newly Enlightened

I'm intrigued too. No ETA unfortunately. That lens is interesting... almost TIR like but it's focusable. Neat.

I've seen that the LD50 will have this same sort of lens too. But I'm unable to grasp what having this sort of feature means. I've been searching the forum for TIR lens versus reflectors, but the only relevant hits were from people in the know discussing custom projects of their own.

Thus, could someone, please, explain to me what this focusable beam operated by twisting the head means and what the differences are compared to the more traditional lights using a reflector? Let's say LD30 or LD50 vs TK41.

CarpentryHero

Flashlight Enthusiast
A good example of a TIR is the Surefire LX2, gives it a tight beam.
How ever there are some TIR lenses designed for flood or throw or both with the adjustment of the head like an aspheric head does. The Duracell Sunbeam is a budget example of what this new Fenix looks like to me

CarpentryHero

Flashlight Enthusiast
It'll be a nice beam profile, like an OP reflector but less light lost and the ability to adjust a little from Flood to throw.

I believe Led Lenser does this in a few of there lights too

Lit Up

Flashlight Enthusiast
Why not just make it a 1D? 12,000mah vs. the 6,000 of 3xAA. The ergonomics wouldn't be all that much different and the one cell scrounge factor would be appealing. I'd definitely buy one..

ginaz

Enlightened
i like this form factor. reminds me of the dorcy 4aa lights i first got into modding with. melted a few reflectors running some over-driven bulbs in those!

Rat6P

Enlightened
Why not just make it a 1D? 12,000mah vs. the 6,000 of 3xAA. The ergonomics wouldn't be all that much different and the one cell scrounge factor would be appealing. I'd definitely buy one..

Is it a series or parallel circuit ?

Last edited:

Kokopelli

Enlightened
They must be in series. So a thick lithium ion like 25500 or bigger could fit in the body without much problem, maybe with a custom holder and make this light a multiple source light, with longer and flatter regulation on liions.

tam17

Enlightened
So in fact it's 2000 or 2500 mAh for 3xAA (NiMH) in series, not 6000...

Cheers,

Tam

Last edited:

reppans

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sounds like a high-end Nebo Redline, which is 3xAAA and focusable from wide flood to pinpoint spot.

sample1.php