Flashlight Enthusiast
Prorotype lights

TM15, 3xXM-L LED, 2200 lm
TM20, Luminus CTP-90 LED, 2000lm, 700m throw (release 2012 autumn) :(

ifv69k.jpg

Last edited:

A10K

Newly Enlightened
Luminus's press release says that it is designed for very high lumen/mm^2.... I wonder how high they'll go. Could make some killer throwers with it!
Is the TM15 just an update to the TM11? Any German speakers?

funder

Newly Enlightened
Luminus's press release says that it is designed for very high lumen/mm^2.... I wonder how high they'll go. Could make some killer throwers with it!
Is the TM15 just an update to the TM11? Any German speakers?

If the luminous flux is exactly same (but, in fact it will be smaller somewhat), the LED without first optics, like CBT90 will has n^2 times of observed luminance (surface brightness) as compared with the LED with first optics. While n is the refractive index of the first optics. When n=1.5, the ratio is 2.25.

scottyhazzard

Enlightened
Yes it is stated as an upgraded version with 2200 lumens instead of 2000 lumens and the charging plug at the light to charge the batterys in the flashlight.

It's going to be a great year in flashlights, everybody is coming out with some really cool neat stuff! Good thing I just got a new job that pays better.

ma_sha1

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wow, CBT-90 in such small size, I'd like one if it drives hard.

I made quite a few SST-90 mag mode a while back, my fav. was a mag 1D SST-90 8.5A DD 4AA. which throws 50Klux. Using the rebel reflector which always give SST-90 a soft core in hot spot, not quite a donut but not perfect on white wall.. I miss that light,

If this light can throw >50K lux with a perfect hot spot ,
no soft core, & a size smaller than Mag 1D, I don't think I could resist it. :)

peterharvey73

Flashlight Enthusiast
The switch looks more recessed than with the old TM11, and not so flush for accidental operation?
The heat sinks look longer than before too...

Danielsan

Enlightened
The guy in the video said optional batterypack will be available for TM20 with 8 Batterys and a longer body, the lumens will not change but the Power will last much longer, price will be over 450 Euro for sure. TM15-20 wont be the follow up models, only an addition

Last edited:

monkeyboy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Interesting

The TM15 seems to have deeper reflectors and better heatsinking than TM11

When the guy is describing the TM20, It does sound like "CTP" rather than "CBT" but I'm not a German speaker so I could be wrong. Google search reveals nothing about a CTP except for this thread. It does look like a CBT as well.

IIRC the CBT is not a new product and was announced along with the SST-90. It's the same die mounted on a board with a better thermal path and thermal protection build in so it can be driven harder. The CST-90 is the domed version and the CBT-90 is the domeless.

I hope they've simplified the UI. I hate the UI on the TM11.

Last edited:

gopajti

Flashlight Enthusiast
jojoselected says:

"It´s the new Luminus CTP-90 LED. With 2000 Lumen and very much throw!"

peterharvey73

Flashlight Enthusiast
Does anyone know how the TM20's Luminus CTP-90 emitter with 2000 lumens over a 3mm x 3mm for 9 square mm surface area, combined with a 60mm diameter bezel manages up to 700 meters of throw?

The ageing Olight SR90 with the Luminus SST-90 with 2200 emitter lumens via the same 3mm x 3mm 9 sq mm die, and a 100mm diameter bezel, only manages 634 meters of throw as measured by Selfbuilt.

So how does the Luminus CTP-90 throw so well, relative to the old SST-90?

funder

Newly Enlightened
Does anyone know how the TM20's Luminus CTP-90 emitter with 2000 lumens over a 3mm x 3mm for 9 square mm surface area, combined with a 60mm diameter bezel manages up to 700 meters of throw?

The ageing Olight SR90 with the Luminus SST-90 with 2200 emitter lumens via the same 3mm x 3mm 9 sq mm die, and a 100mm diameter bezel, only manages 634 meters of throw as measured by Selfbuilt.

So how does the Luminus CTP-90 throw so well, relative to the old SST-90?

Because there is no first optics (dome lens) on the emitter, so the visual luminance (surface brightness) is increase to n^2 times of the emitter with lens, where n is the refractive index of the lens.