Photon Intl CR2 Ion flashlight - are there any other light that takes a RCR-2 cell?

mauiblue

Newly Enlightened
I have a Photon Intl CR2 Ion flashlight that I had for years and works great. It looks like it has been discontinued for sale for quite a while now. It takes either CR-2 or RCR-2 batteries. I did a Google search and couldn't find any presently in production factory lights that take this type of cell. Maybe I am looking in the wrong places but could any members steer me to other flashlights that takes this type of cell? Looking at only torches that take a single cell.

Last edited:

archimedes

Flashaholic
There are only a (very) few stock production lights that use CR2 right now, and I am not aware of any of these that are *specifically* designed/approved for use of the RCR2 (15266).

I think that the Muyshondt Aeon is *not* recommended for use with rechargeable Li-Ion chemistry. Muyshondt has a FAQ on his website discussing this issue.

I also think that the JiL Lite (not sure if still in production) was heavily overdriven by rechargeables and thus not recommended. Some bins of the LEDs used might be fried by the extra volts in direct drive (depends on model/version).

Pretty sure the 4Sevens drivers (such as on the MiniCR2) would be overdriven and have LED/thermal concerns, as well.

Very early Lummi Raw (original driver, out-of-production) *may* have been able to use RCR2, but newer versions are based on 14250 Li-Ion instead.

A Peak Volcan CR2 will safely run on an RCR2, however.

If you want to consider customs, the Photon Fanatic Tasklight II is designed for RCR2.

Last edited:

mauiblue

Newly Enlightened
Looks like I've got a dinosaur in my collection:D. It still is in great shape. I just ordered a couple new rechargeable batteries for it. I didn't realize lights that use RCR2 cells are pretty much defunct. That's how long I've been out of the loop in regards to flashlight technology.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk