M3 with kl2

200fr

Newly Enlightened
who has bought a M3 with a KL2 head how much did you pay

Chop

Flashlight Enthusiast
I bought my M3 here on CPF for $160. Seems to be the going rate for a used M3 in perfect shape. The KL2 goes for about $60. I haven't gotten a KL2 yet, but from the pics I've seen, it's screeming mod! Are you interested in an M3? I haven't used mine much.

batterystation

Enlightened
I have an M3 with a KL2. It is very nice, but I must admit that I like the M2 with KL3 better. Almost as much light and only 2 batteries. That M3 sure is nice though. I am currently drooling over a KL5 for my M2.

chamenos

Flashlight Enthusiast
tony, thinking of selling it already? hehe /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif anyway 200fr, if you get an M3 but only intend to use it with the KL2, you could try selling off the standard bezel and lamps to raise some cash to pay for the KL2.

Chop

Flashlight Enthusiast
To tell you the truth, the only reason I'd get a KL2 would be to see what I could fit in there. I wouldn't even consider running it in stock form. The M3 is just too big for the amount of light that the KL2 puts out. The KL1 and KL3 are also more technologically advance with regard to regualtion, etc. My KL1 puts out alot more light than a KL2 does.

I guess I'm saying that I just wouldn't buy an M3 for the purpose of putting a KL2 on it. That's alot of money to put into a light that can't compete with less expensive lights in the LED arena.

BTW, if anyone has come up with a cool KL2 mod, please speak up. I'm really interested in something with a 5W and a reflector with regulation.

jtivat

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
Chop said:
To tell you the truth, the only reason I'd get a KL2 would be to see what I could fit in there. I wouldn't even consider running it in stock form. The M3 is just too big for the amount of light that the KL2 puts out. The KL1 and KL3 are also more technologically advance with regard to regualtion, etc. My KL1 puts out alot more light than a KL2 does.

I guess I'm saying that I just wouldn't buy an M3 for the purpose of putting a KL2 on it. That's alot of money to put into a light that can't compete with less expensive lights in the LED arena.

BTW, if anyone has come up with a cool KL2 mod, please speak up. I'm really interested in something with a 5W and a reflector with regulation.

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you want to Mod my KL3? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Chop

Flashlight Enthusiast
JT,
Into what? Overdrive or just the LED? If overdrive, to what current level?

jtivat

Flashlight Enthusiast
Overdrive and white! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif Like my new KL1 from CM

200fr

Newly Enlightened
Hey i like that idea of selling the bezel and lamp for extra cash to pay for the M3

K-T

*Moderator*
I am not sure about the size and room for it but maybe three 5W LS' could be fitted with optics. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon3.gif

Latest posts