temptation and the dark movie theater

keithhr

Flashlight Enthusiast
I went to the movies today and just when the movie starts, a guy two seats to my right decided he would whip out his pda with a really bright back lite screen that looked like a small television and it was all I could do to keep from pulling out my L4 and shining it on him and then ask him if I could help put some light on the situation. I was going to hold it up to my L4 and shine it down at a 45 degree angle to help illuminate things. It was all I could do to resist the temptation. Any one else tempted in a similar way?

BradN

Newly Enlightened
Every time me and the wife go to the movies, I HAVE to pull out a light and shine it around...I HAVE TO...

Pi_is_blue

Flashlight Enthusiast
Fortunately, I have not been to the movie theater with my MR-X yet, or I could have been arrested. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif

BlindTiger

Newly Enlightened
I don't know bout theatres becasue the ones round here can dim the house lights to the point where it's not totally dark.
however, at a dark restaurant lit by candles I can't see the menu at all. If I bring out my light I'll look like a nerd to all the office hotties. I do keep an emergency kit in my drawer though, you know, pr of sneakers for going down stairs, sox, flashlights, nylon windbreaker and water.

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
I went to a live version of "The Rocky Horror Picture Show" about a month ago, and whipped out my Positron Laser and shined it around. The theatre was dark, and I had, by far, the brightest flashlight in the whole place. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif

JackBlades

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
keithhr said:
I went to the movies today and just when the movie starts, a guy two seats to my right decided he would whip out his pda with a really bright back lite screen that looked like a small television and it was all I could do to keep from pulling out my L4 and shining it on him and then ask him if I could help put some light on the situation.

[/ QUOTE ]

Isn't there anybody else here but me who would tap this assclown on the shoulder and then give him a face full of L4 while politely asking "May I be of help?" /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yellowlaugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/poke2.gif

keithhr

Flashlight Enthusiast
JackBlades, now yer talking. That's exactly where I was going with this thread, the guy was lighting up his immediate area and I was tempted to help him out by blasting my L4 onto his lap. He was a couple of seats away and I couldn't tap him on his shoulder but I could have showered him with extra light,heh , heh, heh,

6pOriginal

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
keithhr said:
JackBlades, now yer talking. That's exactly where I was going with this thread, the guy was lighting up his immediate area and I was tempted to help him out by blasting my L4 onto his lap. He was a couple of seats away and I couldn't tap him on his shoulder but I could have showered him with extra light,heh , heh, heh,

[/ QUOTE ]

I just hope the that person is not a flashahlic himself, otherwise he may return "fire" and turns this into a fire fight /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/popcorn.gif

Beretta1526

Flashlight Enthusiast
I got in trouble with security at the Def Leppard concert here in NJ a couple months ago. I was using my E2e as a spotlight, shining my Arc LSH on the ceiling, etc... The guys told me they were very nice lights and that I needed to put them away, then asked where I got 'em.

You'd be surprised how everyone liked using the Arc LSH under a beer instead of a lighter. It looks like a big torch, kinda.

IsaacHayes

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
V8TOYTRUCK said:
I always thought of how evil it would be to bring in a x990 into a movie theatre /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

AHHH HAHAHA I LOVE IT!!
I have a new idea in the works. I'm no longer goign with 5W of cyan, but something else. Muahahha. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif