Sure fire L1 lumamax

nbp

Flashaholic
:welcome:

The L1 is an LED light so it doesn't have a replaceable bulb. If you are ambitious and have some electrical skills you could do a more in-depth mod to it, but you can't just stick a different bulb in there.

angelofwar

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well...you can doas NBP said, but, there are other options...first off, what Generation is it? Care to post a couple of pics of the front (lens) and side? If it's the most recent gen, you can get more juice out of it by throwing an RCR in it. If it's an older model, you can throw a newer model head on it. Then there's always Milky if you want a real barn burner.

Oh, and welcome to CPF!

think2x

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have the 65/10 lumen "Cree" model, and just upgraded it to a neutral white xpg R5.
It was a real PITA to mod!

Mine has a 5000k tint XM-L and I also did an XP-G HCRI mod on another members, The mod wasn't too hard to do but opening the head is really the PITA part IMO.

XM-L + RCR = OMG. (1.4A at the tail) :devil:

Last edited:

think2x

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'd like to see beam shots of the xml mod.

Pretty Please?

It's a wider spot than factory. I'll get them up later tonight after I get home from the gym.

EDIT: Removed these and added better shots a few posts down.

Last edited:

jake royston

Enlightened
heres my neutral white XPG L1
IMAG1498.jpg

heres an off-center picture of the front end.
IMAG1489.jpg

its near impossible to get a good shot of the centered led, but i did my best.
IMAG1495.jpg

Brasso

Flashlight Enthusiast
It's hard to tell from the beamshots because they are so close to the wall, but it appears to be brighter. Is that correct or does it just have a wider hotspot?

think2x

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ok lets try this. My Stone White (but dirty) 07 Magnum is 25 feet away set to manual, night scenery and ISO100. Again, all lights on highest setting, LX2 and V10R are running primaries and the others rechargeable. It's also rainy out.

Stock V10R Ti XP-G

HDS 140GT before step down

LX2

SC600w

L1 XM-L 5000k

The L1 is brighter to me in person but the LX2 is the clear winner of throw in this group.
I hope these are more useful, I'm still learning the camera thing.

Jamie