Is the LED assembly removable on the SureFire Z2 LED Combalight?

novice

Flashlight Enthusiast
choombak,
I don't know how difficult it would be to remove the led assembly from the sealed bezel. IMHO, The best solution would be to get ahold of an 'empty' Z44 bezel on the marketplace, unscrew the sealed bezel, put the Malkoff unit in the empty bezel, and screw it on. That way you would have either a spare 'KX4' you could possibly put on another body someday, or you could trade/sell the KX4 on the marketplace.

Last edited:

yifu

Enlightened
Just unscrew the bezel. If the lamp assembly pops right out, its an original Z2L with a P60L drop in. If not, just get a new Z44 bezel from Surefire directly or overready etc. And then get a malkoff drop in!

choombak

Enlightened
Thanks for all responses, I did not opt for the Z2, since the seller was not sure. I am now eyeing a C2 incan, which surely takes the Malkoff drop-ins.

Erzengel

Enlightened
There are some ways for the seller to check it. If You aks him politely, he might be willing to help You
  1. Screw off the Bezel/Head and check, if the LED assembly is fixed to the head
  2. The version with 80 Lumens has a replaceable P60L LED drop-in, the 120 Lumen version has the KX4 head
  3. The lens retaining ring of the KX4 can be different from the Z44, the experts here should be able to provide You more information about it.