ArmyTek        
Page 15 of 26 FirstFirst ... 5891011121314151617181920212225 ... LastLast

Thread: FS: 1000 Lumen XM-L T6 Maglite Mod With Voltage Monitor - Parts, or Complete Light!

Default Re: FS: 1000 Lumen XM-L T6 Maglite Mod With Voltage Monitor - Parts, or Complete Ligh

jay - check your pms

Default Re: FS: 1000 Lumen XM-L T6 Maglite Mod With Voltage Monitor - Parts, or Complete Ligh

Quote Originally Posted by jmpaul320 View Post
    jay - check your pms
    Got you covered...

Your on a flashlight spending frenzy!

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk
    "Light up the Darkness"

Quote Originally Posted by Draven451 View Post
    Your on a flashlight spending frenzy!

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk

Your going to love the light...

Now I know you just got one of those awesome Fire-Foxes III HID lights. (thanks for letting me know about the GB)

So obviously this build is not going to out throw that HID.

But for what it is, you will appreciate the long run times, and 3 modes.

On high, you will have 4 hours of 1000 lumens between charges with the Feilong cells. And 11 hours on Medium. Which is still about 350 lumens...

Haha no I am not looking for a barn Burner so don't worry... I just enjoy mags and mag mods . I am going to do this one as soon as my dx order arrives http://budgetlightforum.com/node/976

Haha no I am not looking for a barn Burner so don't worry... I just enjoy mags and mag mods . I am going to do this one as soon as my dx order arrives http://budgetlightforum.com/node/976
    Me too!

Have you seen my 9 Amp PT-54 Mag mods?

Also, for a different kind of light, see this Mag mod I just did a couple of weeks ago... (build thread here)

Last edited by jayrob; 07-13-2012 at 11:16 PM.

wow thats cool, i do enjoy lasers myself, but i myself avoid the higher power ones just for safety issues... I know if you have glasses and the right equipment and whatnot things would be fine... but the thought of handling a 2w laser that could reflect of something randomly and detach my retina in 0.01 seconds is just.... well scary lol

im also interested in possible doing a sst-90 mag mod in the future but from what i hear its difficult to get 9 amps with the stock circuitry. im still a noob, so i dont think a 'complete' build is within my reach yet... i know how to solder and i know basic electronics, but i will try my hand at that budget mod first to get a feel

Quote Originally Posted by shidafu View Post
    * Good heat management because of heatsink mass
    * Good battery capacity vs size of light
    * Heavy duty side button forward clicky for easy mode switching
    * Turn the head for focusing
    * And of course the nice quality finish of the Maglite with color choices
    Ha ha! Thanks for the summary...

Don't forget the voltage monitor option!
    Last edited by jayrob; 06-27-2012 at 02:22 PM.

my build just arrived

2d mag, rebel build, with 2x feilong cells

first, this thing is bright, i would say its every bit of 1000 lumens, maybe more

second, im quite surprised at the stock plastic rebel reflector, that is the quality of the beam is quite good!

more to come once i test this puppy once it gets dark outside

my build just arrived

2d mag, rebel build, with 2x feilong cells

first, this thing is bright, i would say its every bit of 1000 lumens, maybe more

second, im quite surprised at the stock plastic rebel reflector, that is the quality of the beam is quite good!

more to come once i test this puppy once it gets dark outside
    Did you get a chance to check it out in the dark last night?

Yes sir I did... I was expecting a good amount of throw which I got with the rebel reflector. I really have to go to a more open spot to really find out the range of this bad boy.... I will teston my trip this week up north....

I was pleasantly surprised as to how much usable spill this thing puts out as well. Honestly this seems to have both throw and a good balance of short to midrange spill... Couple that with the high run times and I dare to say this is my most functional light.

I am very interested to put this up against my crelant 7g5v2 since that light also has the same emitter and seems to have a great balance of throw and spill in one package.

All in all a great build and instantly a favorite of mine among my collection of 20 plus lights. Thanks jay!!!
    Last edited by jmpaul320; 07-06-2012 at 10:47 AM.

Yes sir I did... I was expecting a good amount of throw which I got with the rebel reflector. I really have to go to a more open spot to really find out the range of this bad boy.... I will teston my trip this week up north....

I was pleasantly surprised as to how much usable spill this thing puts out as well. Honestly this seems to have both throw and a good balance of short to midrange spill... Couple that with the high run times and I dare to say this is my most functional light.

I am very interested to put this up against my crelant 7g5v2 since that light also has the same emitter and seems to have a great balance of throw and spill in one package.

All in all a great build and instantly a favorite of mine among my collection of 20 plus lights. Thanks jay!!!

Glad to hear it!

Great to get good feedback. And especially from people who have many other awesome lights to compare it to...

Thanks for posting back!
    Last edited by jayrob; 07-08-2012 at 10:38 PM.

my photography skills are not that great, and I only have a cheap ($100) point and shoot 14megapixel camera, but i will try my best this weekend to take some beam shots vs some of my other lights when i go camping... no doubt some people will be interested to see how this build compares to say the tiny monster, the dry 3xml, crelant 7g5v2 etc

i only wish my other mag builds were complete as well, but that will have to wait till all my pieces and parts arrive by snail mail from japan/china/germany etc lol

my photography skills are not that great, and I only have a cheap ($100) point and shoot 14megapixel camera, but i will try my best this weekend to take some beam shots vs some of my other lights when i go camping... no doubt some people will be interested to see how this build compares to say the tiny monster, the dry 3xml, crelant 7g5v2 etc

i only wish my other mag builds were complete as well, but that will have to wait till all my pieces and parts arrive by snail mail from japan/china/germany etc lol
    Looking forward to your comparison pics...

Have fun camping!

my camera is really a piece of junk, ill try again tonight with different settings... nothing worth posting yet

my camera is really a piece of junk, ill try again tonight with different settings... nothing worth posting yet
    Pictures or not, thanks for posting your opinion!

Glad you like it...

heres a beam shot for you jay

jayrob mag left (rebel reflector)/sst90 wn bin (rebel reflector) 9amp mag right

camera is set to auto

The photo may not depict it, but the hotspot of the jayrob mag is brighter and more intense. And although the output of the sst90 is higher than the jayrob build, the sst90 will have to be shut down after a short time due to heat... (its 9 amps lol) while the jayrob mag burns on for hour after hour after hour

if you want a barn burner, get a multi xml/sst90

if you want something practical that will tail stand on medium for the entire night get the jayrob mag

heres a beam shot for you jay

jayrob mag left (rebel reflector)/sst90 wn bin (rebel reflector) 9amp mag right

camera is set to auto

The photo may not depict it, but the hotspot of the jayrob mag is brighter and more intense. And although the output of the sst90 is higher than the jayrob build, the sst90 will have to be shut down after a short time due to heat... (its 9 amps lol) while the jayrob mag burns on for hour after hour after hour

if you want a barn burner, get a multi xml/sst90

if you want something practical that will tail stand on medium for the entire night get the jayrob mag
    Nice comparison...

Really glad you like the build, and thanks again for your comparisons and expertise!

Enlightened

unexpected question: can this voltage monitor be used together with AW soft-start drop-in for incan Mag 2.5D (2*3.7v)?

thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by gVp View Post
    unexpected question: can this voltage monitor be used together with AW soft-start drop-in for incan Mag 2.5D (2*3.7v)?

thank you.
    As long as you have room for it yes...

It connects in parallel with the source input voltage. It is configurable for 2 to 7 Lithium cells in series!

I would like to order one of these.

Quote Originally Posted by signewton View Post
    Got you covered!

But I think there is a waiting period or a post count minimum before I can PM you. If you want to let me know your email, I'll contact you there...

You wont regret it jay makes a great mag. May I suggest going with the feilong 32650 if you can afford it. They last forever!

You wont regret it jay makes a great mag. May I suggest going with the feilong 32650 if you can afford it. They last forever!
    i did but he's out of them at the moment. I ordered the 5500mAh Li-Ion cells from Novae. I really wanted the Feilong but if this light is good, ill order on the next batch...

i did but he's out of them at the moment. I ordered the 5500mAh Li-Ion cells from Novae. I really wanted the Feilong but if this light is good, ill order on the next batch...
    Yeah waiting on the manufacture to get a new batch of the Feilong cells...

The Feilongs are a tad better yes, but the Novae cells are also good cells. They have a protection circuit though. Which means that they are a tad longer. So a tail cap mod is needed to fit them. ($15) But they are also cheaper than the the Feilong cells. So it works out the the same price with the tail cap mod...

to all looking to get this light... Don't hesitate. Jay is a great guy, responds super fast to emails and ships quick. His feedback speaks for itself.

Jay thanks so much.. I'll be ordering one of your lasers soon...

to all looking to get this light... Don't hesitate. Jay is a great guy, responds super fast to emails and ships quick. His feedback speaks for itself.

Jay thanks so much.. I'll be ordering one of your lasers soon...

By the way, my supplier has the Feilong cells now...

I just ordered more stock, and should have them with-in a week or so.

P.S. Check out my latest new build!

---Retro / High Tech---
    FS: Vintage Ray-O-Vac XM-L U2 Mod (1000 Lumen)

Love to see good feedback...

Here's one I just got over at LPF:

Quote Originally Posted by ff-racer
    Jay,

I received my 2 D maglight build the other day. What a incredible professional build! No one could ever guess this is a custom build. I will enjoy for years to come.
    Thanks so much.

Doug

Page 15 of 26 FirstFirst ... 5891011121314151617181920212225 ... LastLast