Malkoff        
Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ... 161920212223242526

Thread: FS: 1000 Lumen XM-L T6 Maglite Mod With Voltage Monitor - Parts, or Complete Light!

Default Re: FS: 1000 Lumen XM-L T6 Maglite Mod With Voltage Monitor - Parts, or Complete Ligh

Quote Originally Posted by Jono_p33 View Post
    Jay,

jono...

thanks!
    Got it...

On the east coast of the yoosah. In the place where the bad drivers are.

Default Re: FS: 1000 Lumen XM-L T6 Maglite Mod With Voltage Monitor - Parts, or Complete Ligh

If using the 6d nimh battery, would runtime improve proportionally to the capacity? I.e. 2 feilongs are 6000mAh at 7.4V nominal, nimh are 10000mAh @ 7.2v nominal. Roughly a 66% increase in runtime, so just shy of 7 hours on max, and just under 20 hrs at 350 lm?
    -I am no law abiding citizen. I am merely not a lawbreaker.
    -Guilty until proven innocent.
    -If it can be conceived by humans, then it can be unravelled by humans.

Quote Originally Posted by dc38 View Post
    If using the 6d nimh battery, would runtime improve proportionally to the capacity? I.e. 2 feilongs are 6000mAh at 7.4V nominal, nimh are 10000mAh @ 7.2v nominal. Roughly a 66% increase in runtime, so just shy of 7 hours on max, and just under 20 hrs at 350 lm?
    Yes you are correct!

Let me know when your ready...

You are killing me, lol...i am wondering what you think about doing a low voltage warm XPE2, though...2D cells, driven at maybe 1.4A at 2.4V on copper?? 3 modes at 5%, 30% and 100%, linearly? (If possible of course...) and how do you feel about dedoming?

You are killing me, lol...i am wondering what you think about doing a low voltage warm XPE2, though...2D cells, driven at maybe 1.4A at 2.4V on copper?? 3 modes at 5%, 30% and 100%, linearly? (If possible of course...) and how do you feel about dedoming?
    Well I would think that as long as you can find the right driver to put with the emitter, it would be a similar build as I have in this thread only your talking about 2 X NiMH correct?

I have not done any dedoming but if you find the emitter you want and the driver, I'm sure I could come up with the heatsink and reflector mod, etc...

It seems I will need to do some heavy shopping before choosing a driver...I will get back to you, sir...but in essence, yes to the above

It seems I will need to do some heavy shopping before choosing a driver...I will get back to you, sir...but in essence, yes to the above
    Found your linear driver for 1.4A max but you will need 3 X NiMH cells for proper voltage: (or a single Li-Ion)
    http://www.mtnelectronics.com/index....product_id=241

It's 5 modes: H,M,L,Strobe,SOS - But you can specify mode selection at ordering...

So if you want to do a 3D size with 3 X NiMH cells it will work perfect.

Or better yet a 'stubby' cut down to single Li-Ion size. Nice!

Now we just need to find your emitter!
    Last edited by jayrob; 12-09-2016 at 06:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jayrob View Post
    Found your linear driver for 1.4A max but you will need 3 X NiMH cells for proper voltage: (or a single Li-Ion)
    http://www.mtnelectronics.com/index....product_id=241

It's 5 modes: H,M,L,Strobe,SOS - But you can specify mode selection at ordering...

So if you want to do a 3D size with 3 X NiMH cells it will work perfect.

Or better yet a 'stubby' cut down to single Li-Ion size. Nice!

Now we just need to find your emitter!
    That is actually my fallback in case I really couldnt find a 2 nimh, lol.. the stubby really does sound appealing, but i have somewhat of a spending cap :/

So...provided we can source the proper emitter to work with the driver, could you draft up two quotes to choose between??

1. 3D Mag, the mtnelectronics driver @1.4A with guppydrv firmware, XPE2 3000k LED, standard install/build

2. Stubby 1 cell mag, same driver, same LED, standard install/build
    Last edited by dc38; 12-11-2016 at 09:39 AM.

So...provided we can source the proper emitter to work with the driver, could you draft up two quotes to choose between??

1. 3D Mag, the mtnelectronics driver @1.4A with guppydrv firmware, XPE2 3000k LED, standard install/build

2. Stubby 1 cell mag, same driver, same LED, standard install/build
    Sure thing I'll send you a PM!

Pm replied!

I will hard commit per smoke gray mag build

I will hard commit per smoke gray mag build
    Should be a sweet build...

I did read that the emitter you specified will be about 350 lumens at that current just to verify with you on that...

Yessir, sounds perfect!

I have this setup and the batteries died so replaced them and now the lights at the swich flash through colors then stop on blue with no light being produced.

Quote Originally Posted by Narcco View Post
    I have this setup and the batteries died so replaced them and now the lights at the swich flash through colors then stop on blue with no light being produced.
    For sure it sounds like a battery issue or a battery connection issue...

The initial flashing is normal for the voltage monitor to cycle through the colors on start for about 2 seconds but if not enough amperage is available, the emitter will not light up. I've seen this happen with a bad battery that will read full charge voltage but not be able to deliver high amperage.

Worst case send it to me with batteries included and I'll check it over. (PM)
    Last edited by jayrob; 04-20-2018 at 08:00 AM.

Flashaholic

Are you still selling the XM-L Maglite 'Stubby' kit?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DeLighted View Post
    Are you still selling the XM-L Maglite 'Stubby' kit?

Thanks
    Absolutely!

I have the same thing with rebel reflector and XP-L HI for really tight beam as well if you want. See here:
    http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/...l-Mag-Thrower!

Just PM me with options and I'll get you a total.

Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ... 161920212223242526