White Flashlight?

WebHobbit

Enlightened
So my daughter (college age) who has been making fun of me (in a funny not mean spirited way) for spending crazy money on flashlights and being "crazy/silly/obsessed" saw me looking at Oveready.com and she actually seen something she wants. She wants me to get her an all white flashlight after seeing the cerakoted one on the site. :eek:oo:

So now I'm wondering if there are any cheaper (but yet still high quality) all white flashlight options out there?

AnAppleSnail

Flashlight Enthusiast
White flashlights, huh. I know some people here will Cerakote lights for you, but I don't know their prices. I don't think Hard Anodize III comes in white. Nebo makes a cheapie that looks like storm-trooper gear, probably painted white. I have not used a Nebo light, and am told that "They are good value for the money ($10 or so)." YMMV.

Silver flashlights are common - my silver MiniMag LED looks nice, with glow paint around the LED board. But that's not white, and that matters. I hope someone else can help you more! Interesting question, and not one to solve with house paint.

roadkill1109

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hello!

International Outdoor may have what you are looking for, unfortunately, these run off 26650 cells. :)

jm07prowhite06.jpg

WebHobbit

Enlightened
Hey you all that own these cerakoted lights - how well do they hold up finish-wise? Do they chip, scratch up easy? Lets say I drop the $300.00 for an Oveready StormTrooper 6P for my daughter's B-day present - would it hold up well to a college age girl tossing it in her purse?

What do you all think?

And maybe Dan could give me a discount since I've spent HUNDREDs of dollars on his site over the last couple of years? ElectronGuru are you listening?

:)

Last edited:

StarHalo

Flashaholic
Cerakote scratch/ding resistance is a mixed bag; there are a lot of factors and variables that are not yet entirely understood. I would also recommend looking into the Icon since most of our flashaholic lights would be serious overkill for long-term storage in the bottom of a college girl's purse..

yifu

Enlightened
I have a cerakoted L2T, the cerakote stuff is very tough but does rub off after a while in the corners. But it does look amazing, check out the cerakote thread in the flashlight collecting subforum, some examples.. Bugsy runs a cerakote thread, it's around 40 dollars per light by memory.
Z2s1.jpg

WebHobbit

Enlightened
Cerakote scratch/ding resistance is a mixed bag; there are a lot of factors and variables that are not yet entirely understood. I would also recommend looking into the Icon since most of our flashaholic lights would be serious overkill for long-term storage in the bottom of a college girl's purse..

You could be onto something here! It does NOT glow in the dark but I could buy about 14 of these for the price of a cerakoted 6P with Malkoff! Now I need to go look up some reviews of this.

icon.jpg

Last edited:

AZPops

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a cerakoted L2T, the cerakote stuff is very tough but does rub off after a while in the corners. But it does look amazing, check out the cerakote thread in the flashlight collecting subforum, some examples.. Bugsy runs a cerakote thread, it's around 40 dollars per light by memory.
Z2s1.jpg

NICE! ... :thumbsup: ... I bet a white HDS would be a really sick EDC light for her! Think about it further, if it's a Roatary. Set a "diamond" in/on the Rotary's stop screw! ....
smiley_emoticons_eckbanner04.gif

Last edited:

StarHalo

Flashaholic
It does NOT glow in the dark but I could buy about 14 of these for the price of a cerakoted 6P with Malkoff! Now I need to go look up some reviews of this.

Exactly, the Icon is a price performance champ. It's a favorite among flashaholics as a gift for non-flashaholic folk; ease of use, unique "saw tooth" regulation that gives you unusually long runtime on regular batteries, and simple rugged construction make for an excellent basic-use light.

I wouldn't bother with glow-in-the-dark, the bottom of a woman's purse doesn't get any light. If you want the light to have some sort of locator, look into a tritium fob, preferably one entombed in epoxy since there's a lot of metal items moving around in a purse. They're sold in the Marketplace.

And if you do end up with an AA-powered light like the Icon, be sure to power it with an Energizer Lithium battery, as they last for years when not in use and won't leak or swell. College girls aren't known for closely monitoring battery status..

yifu

Enlightened
NICE! ... :thumbsup: ... I bet a white HDS would be a really sick EDC light for her! Think about it further, if it's a Roatary. Set a "diamond" in/on the Rotary's stop screw! ....
smiley_emoticons_eckbanner04.gif
White HDS as requested! From the cerakote thread!
5538592737_a53631a64b_z.jpg

ZMZ67

Flashlight Enthusiast
You could be onto something here! It does NOT glow in the dark but I could buy about 14 of these for the price of a cerakoted 6P with Malkoff! Now I need to go look up some reviews of this.

The Modus seems to be a decent light in terms of build but I don't care much for the "ringy" beam from the optic.I wish they would have used a well matched reflector like the ICON Rogues,they have an excellent beam.

yifu

Enlightened
Or maybe even a pink HDS! Or a huge white M3 for self-defense 6D Maglite style! All done by bugsy714, just send your favourite light in and specify a colour out of hundreds!
DSC_0189-1.jpg
000turbohead.jpg

Last edited:

WebHobbit

Enlightened
Exactly, the Icon is a price performance champ. It's a favorite among flashaholics as a gift for non-flashaholic folk; ease of use, unique "saw tooth" regulation that gives you unusually long runtime on regular batteries, and simple rugged construction make for an excellent basic-use light.

I wouldn't bother with glow-in-the-dark, the bottom of a woman's purse doesn't get any light. If you want the light to have some sort of locator, look into a tritium fob, preferably one entombed in epoxy since there's a lot of metal items moving around in a purse. They're sold in the Marketplace.

And if you do end up with an AA-powered light like the Icon, be sure to power it with an Energizer Lithium battery, as they last for years when not in use and won't leak or swell. College girls aren't known for closely monitoring battery status..

Yeah, I already got her and my wife both a Fenix E01 on their keychains and I have Energizer Ultimate Lithiums in those.

yifu

Enlightened
I am well over a thousand, probably pushing $2,000 - Great service from Dan & Tom treats me well....
+1! And back on topic, i think the best choice for the OP would be to choose a light that suits her and get it cerakoted in a white of her choice! There are so many whites to choose from as well, from bright white to GITD white to hidden white etc. The Icon looks kind of cheap and cheesy, unlike cerakote, which actually feels like ceramic/brick.